JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Way back when I was a young lad of 18, a friend and I were in a local convenience store shopping for beer. In walked this 6'5'' ogre of fat a man who proceeds to pull out a small pistol and holds the place up. He demanded all the cash in the till and told every one he would kill any one that tried to stop him! When the poor kid behind the counter fumbled a little Mr. Fat man shot him in the arm. When Mr. Fat man turned to run out the door, the kid behind the counter pulled a .357 magnum from its hiding place and fired all 6 rounds into Mr. Fat's back, including one to the back of the head! I can still see each and every round of that .357 strike Mr. fat! Mr. Fat managed to stagger to his car and drive off. His body was found six blocks away having expired while driving away!
That night while reliving that experience with my Mother and Father, I decided right there and then that I would never again be in a situation where some one could threaten me with my life, and I would never be unarmed! The next day I went to the local hardware/gun shop and purchased my very first pistol It was A Colt 1911 gov model! I also purchased several boxes of ammo with the intent to practice until I could draw and snap shoot as fast and as accurate as I could! This was back before back ground checks and before paper work or any restrictions. I was "only"18 then. The owner of the gun shop figured if I was man enough to walk into his store and man enough to have made the choice to buy a pistol, that I was man enough to do so! His only words of wisdom to me were not to hurt any one or my self! From that day on I have never not had a pistol on my person. I have had many pistols since that time, but my first is still the one I carry every single day! Like a fine lady, she has aged some what. She has lost most of her blueing, has rounded off many of her once crisp edges, and has had several barrels and bushings fitted, but she has never once failed me, and she can still dance when called on!

I was robbed once in North Portland back in 1993.

Five guy's . And I'm standing there with a NAA five shot .22 magnum in my right front pocket.
I gave them my money! :s0140:

My story is not as dramatic as the one you tell.
But it did change the size and capacity of my carry gun.

No more revolvers. And nothing smaller than a 9mm.;)

I just didn't think it likely I'd need to fight a pack of guys? :eek:

Masaad Ayoob? Can't ever remember. Anyway he wrote about getting milk 1 time
Just going to get milk!
He was a cop at the time but off duty.Went to the corner store with his 5 shot 38 and 5 more some place in his pocket,when 2 guys walk in.1 with a shotgun and the other just had a pistol (been 20 years since I read it).He's kinda hiding thinking he brought the wrong gun.
He did shoot both but he said he never left the house without his Sig 226 on his side
I guess I've been lucky so I don't carry much.Always have 1 close by though

Robbed at gunpoint twice in South America. Nothing quite like the fear of a firearm pointed at your head! And instead of it scaring me to side with the evils of gun control, it got me to be extremely proactive by arming myself for self-protection.

We were getting gas in N PDX when some crazed crack head stepped up to my window. He was raving about my dog (Rottweiler) who was sitting quietly in the back seat. Guy starts brandishing some random, krap pistol by raising his shirt while he yelled. I didn't engage with the idiot and he staggered away. He never saw that I had my hands wrapped around the grips of my .40 and I had decided that if he touched that gun he was a dead man!
Sooo, this is the experience of having enough gun and how comforting that was in a scary situation! I did a little shaking while I dialed 911!:confused:

It's all about how you react, regardless of how scared you are. Anyone who doesn't get "scared" while beating a man to death with an exclamation point... or whatever, is either a liar or braindead.

Sorry, no stories from me.

When I was 19 I worked at a gas station in Detroit for exactly three days. We were held up and I had a guy hold a .22 revolver to my head, finger on the trigger, hand shaking. They were pissed that we didn't have more money. Not only did I quit that day I bought a S&W model 39 a few weeks later. I kept that pistol for a long time, sorry I ended up selling it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top