JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They cant do that either the preemption cover's anything that a city might try and do about you running a FFL from your home.

"Except as expressly authorized by state statute, no county, city or other municipal corporation or district may enact civil or criminal ordinances, including but not limited to zoning ordinances, to regulate, restrict or prohibit the SALE, acquisition, transfer, ownership, possession, storage, transportation or use of firearms or any element relating to firearms and components thereof, including ammunition. Ordinances that are contrary to this subsection are void. [1995 s.s. c.1 §1]"

And Yes SALE cover's running a business of selling firearms.

They cant do that either the preemption cover's anything that a city might try and do about you running a FFL from your home.

"Except as expressly authorized by state statute, no county, city or other municipal corporation or district may enact civil or criminal ordinances, including but not limited to zoning ordinances, to regulate, restrict or prohibit the SALE, acquisition, transfer, ownership, possession, storage, transportation or use of firearms or any element relating to firearms and components thereof, including ammunition. Ordinances that are contrary to this subsection are void. [1995 s.s. c.1 §1]"

And Yes SALE cover's running a business of selling firearms.
Good to know. Thank you for sharing

I spoke with ATF in Portland late last year and they said they have no problem with home based FFL. As long as where you live is not prohibited by local policies
The laws restricting FFL's to storefront addresses are state and local laws. The FED doesn't care. California has limited them to storefront commercial addresses for at least 10 years. Idaho doesn't care. I don't know about Oregon.

we are talking about Oregon not Kalifukyou
States can restrict who and where FFL's are issued to.......that was my point. States and local governments can also dictate minimum storage requirements like Vaults, hardened structures in front of doors limiting the ability of vehicles being driven through them to gain access and barred windows.

Last Edited:
Not in Oregon, There are many other States that have similar preemption clauses, that protect the right to keep and bear arms.

Unfortunately the mayor of Portland think's he's going to change the State Constitution.

I have my ffl not necessarily for firearm sales although i do sell some here and there, but i primarily got it cause i own a holster business (Westac Holsters) And i needed it to take in customers guns. It was super easy to get. But just make sure you have a legit business set up first. The guy wanted to see what i did and so on. But it was a pretty smooth process.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top