JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Always. Started out w castrol 20-50 when synthetic was not common and now it's mobile 1 full synthetic, 5 qts/$20 ? walmart or rotella of some flavor depending..
Those oil monkeys breed with gremlins, blast them to tarnation

Not sure if anyone has an answer for this one, but my xwifes 2007 Porsche Cayman S owners manual says first oil change is 20,000 miles. It used Mobil-1 0w-40

Maybe we all change the oil too often?

i get it. i talk to customers all the time about this when their owners manual says every 10k but they also fail to read the part about checking oil every fuel fill up. id rather spend $90 every 6 months or 5k miles rather than be out a car until its fixed $25k later.

on any brand new engine i recommend an oil change within the first 1,000 miles then 2000miles after that to get all the fine metal out of it as rotating parts break in.

I just let the ford run till it dies. Its supposed to be found on road dead... Who needs maintenance?

In the six figures and still not dead despite the not so good treatment.

Not sure if anyone has an answer for this one, but my xwifes 2007 Porsche Cayman S owners manual says first oil change is 20,000 miles. It used Mobil-1 0w-40

Maybe we all change the oil too often?
Crap, my first oil change would be more like 500 miles.. then probably 2000, then maybe 5000 thereafter, using mobile 1 for the long haul, not neccesarily for break in proper..

In Nj a gas attendant left my cap open. I thought the idea of a gas attendant was that people aren't smart enough to put in their own gasoline.

I based that off a person commenting that we need the attendants so they don't get gasoline on themselves (how do you even get gasoline on yourself?).

NJ and OR are the only two states in the union that mandate gas-jockeys fill the tank, except for diesel fuel and card-lock stations like Pacific Pride for commercial/company vehicles.

NJ and OR are the only two states in the union that mandate gas-jockeys fill the tank, except for diesel fuel and card-lock stations like Pacific Pride for commercial/company vehicles.
i wish i could fill my own car if the gas attendant is busy and taking forever. it should be optional or pump your own gas.

This goes to the dealership every 5k because it still has power train warranty and is a PITA to do.
IMG_20190605_175152.jpg

This goes to the quick lube down the street because it is cheaper than I can do it and they do a good job.
IMG_20190605_175211.jpg

I do this one myself because it is easy and I like to work on this car (but honestly it costs more then the quick lube place). Notice the cardboard? it is semi-self changing right now. I have to get under there and fix that leak!
IMG_20190505_144108_01_01.jpg

I do oil changes.
On my dirt bikes and all other lawn machines, etc.
But for $30.00?
I even take my old pickups to a trust worthy local quick lube..
LOF. Lube oil filter
Key word lube.
Screw the zerks

Filters are a whole different critter, and some are much better than others. Orange filters don't get used in any engine I own. I use NAPA Gold based on the forums at bobistheoilguy.com. Believe it or not there are enthusiasts that buy filters and cut them apart to see how they are built as well as do use tests complete with lab analysis and then a dissection of the used filter.

Those videos are informative and eye-opening. Indeed, not all filters are created alike. Some are outright garbage.

1) They left my oil cap off...oil everywhere. (Shame on them)

Yikes! No exactly a crack squad there. :eek:

@Oregonhunter5 i dont work for toyota(i work for GM) so i cant truthfully answer your question but what i can do is talk to the guys at toyota next door and see what theyve seen.

just this week, i have replaced 2 GM LS type engines from lack of maintenance/oil consumption. it shows big time under the valve covers when people dont change their oil. one yesterday and one today. doing the 3rd one tomorrow/possibly just doing a cam and lifters on it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top