JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, so long as the military and the criminals still have guns, it's a much safer place! Never mind that the more guns they take off the streets in Brazil, the more murders they have, but hey, when did facts ever matter to these people.

Dumbazzes

Well.....you know, I would guess that Rio really doesn't really care a lick for most of its citizens. The poor of the Brazilian cities teem in their millions! The PTB can't be bothered with average folks.
Kinda' like here!

I don't know where it happened but you can bet your bottom dollar democrats in the legislature and the governorette's minions are salivating over the prospect of bring the event to Oregon!!!!!
You say you don't think so. What do you think will happen to all the weapons confiscated under Boquist's law???????
Sheldon

HA! You think that hurt?

We've got more guns than that in our local neighborhood watch. :D
IMG_3933.JPG
IMG_3932.PNG

I notice they kept all the crowds well back. Wouldn't want someone grabbing a souvenir

This was, I think, an event from several years ago. It was a part of the dog and pony show leading up to the Olympics, a media/political produced event to convince the world that Rio would be safe or made safe for the tourists. To convince them they could make it home alive. Like Beijing tried to clean the air for a few weeks by kicking half the population out of town, closed factories and banned vehicles.

I've known more than a few Brazilians... you can be fairly certain that most anything that was functional/fixable had been already appropriated/donated to personal "friends" before the photo-op was staged like a CNN peaceful Muslim rally.

Last Edited:
This is why I jokingly tell my friend in Brazil that he needs to start up the Free Brazil Army. :rolleyes:

That place is a nanny state according to my friend. Not a great place to go.

If they really wanted to get rid of the guns they should have sent them to me for proper disposal. ;)

Still it's a shame. I saw what looked to be a bunch of clunkers, but I'm sure there were still plenty of shooters in the bunch. If nothing else a whole lotta usable parts. All for a PR shot, "Look what we've done to keep you safe. Oh, and never mind the guy behind the curtain"..

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top