JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Eventually it will be necessary the throw Betsy out along with, hopefully, ALL the other democrats because the majority party controls the agenda and as long as they are in the majority the 2d Amendment is at greater and greater risk in Oregon!!!

Sheldon
I agree with your sentiment but if it ever came down to that I think Betsy would switch parties. I'm not really sure why she's a Dem now. I listen to her radio show on Saturday mornings. If I didn't already know she's a Dem I would swear that she's a Conservative Republican. Last Saturday she was railing against red light and speed cameras. She's awesome.

Things are bleak.

This point is in dispute. :)

The last big deal, Bloomberg bought himself a law that is roundly ignored and which has never convicted anybody. The county sheriffs all over the state said they would not enforce it. The statists just effectively gutted it by not prosecuting an (anti-gun) minister who just publicly admitted violating it.

Although you couldn't tell from the law-and-order types around here, Oregon has a reputation for ignoring the BS laws more than (for example) Wyoming, where I used to live. It's a feisty population, not a bunch of followers. Also, if you have ever heard the term "liberals with guns", that probably applies more to Oregon than to any other state.

Don't be too depressed about the doom and gloom. It's more in peoples' imagination than in reality.

I agree with your sentiment but if it ever came down to that I think Betsy would switch parties. I'm not really sure why she's a Dem now. I listen to her radio show on Saturday mornings. If I didn't already know she's a Dem I would swear that she's a Conservative Republican. Last Saturday she was railing against red light and speed cameras. She's awesome.
Betsy Johnson has a radio program? I've got to hear that. Man, I wish she represented my district. Im stuck with Chuck "Bloomberg" Riley.

They have been,
Second Amendment Foundation Offers Support to Oregon Teacher's Lawsuit

and I'm sure they will again if the State Legislature attempts to deny rights under the 2A.....as it's defined by SCOTUS.

SAF is a great organization and could use our help if we can afford to do so.

Second Amendment Foundation

I wish SAF had a firm foot in Oregon. As much as I appreciate OFF, it seems SAF is much more proactive, gets more done. They get legislation at least up for consideration, they file lawsuits - that's the kind of representation we need here too. I've donated to SAF, but if they set up shop here in OR too, I'd give them more - much more.

Chuck is an ignorant wretch that would have never gotten the seat without bloombergs financial push. He's unresponsive to constituents who oppose his views and a perfect waste of a carbon footprint...

I don't believe he's up for re-election this year is he? Stuck with that douche-canoe for another 2 years?

This point is in dispute. :)

The last big deal, Bloomberg bought himself a law that is roundly ignored and which has never convicted anybody. The county sheriffs all over the state said they would not enforce it. The statists just effectively gutted it by not prosecuting an (anti-gun) minister who just publicly admitted violating it.

Although you couldn't tell from the law-and-order types around here, Oregon has a reputation for ignoring the BS laws more than (for example) Wyoming, where I used to live. It's a feisty population, not a bunch of followers. Also, if you have ever heard the term "liberals with guns", that probably applies more to Oregon than to any other state.

Don't be too depressed about the doom and gloom. It's more in peoples' imagination than in reality.

sorry I believe that is delusional thinking

Oregon's governing body thinks you are too stupid to vote (they have said as much) so they use emergency clauses to ram thru whatever laws they want because they too are crooked to the core...they want what THEY WANT & you dont get to decide or even hear about it ...just like the parental rights we were all stripped of last year here in oregon and most parents arent even AWARE of it

if you think a democratic party that uses emergency clauses for EVERY OREGON legislation is the correct course go donate to Shillary and give up your guns

Back in MA we had a legal organization dedicated to 2A known as 'comm 2a'. They work side by side with SAF regularly, to much success (considering its MA). Without them....MA would be as bad off as the peoples republik of commiefornia.

Not much love for the nra in new england. They left us hanging a few times when we really needed them, most recently they killed constitutional carry in NH by non action in a move that required nothing more than the swipe of a pen.

Has anyone thought of throwing something together for local/state 2a issues? The proverbial tip of the spear of sorts.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top