JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Being that I just moved here, I might as well ask you guys the state of 2A in OR. As it seems, you guys are good now. Are there any anti 2a bills in the bullpen for the antis that are likely to be shoved at us in the near future? Etc?

Just need the rundown.

The situation here has been that of slowly eroding 2A rights, but has recently escalated with the Oregon House, Senate, and Governorship firmly in the hands of anti 2A. Until the election they are maintaining the status quo, but expect immediately afterward for them to pull out all the stops.

In the next legislative session they will steamroll legislation once again as an emergency to short circuit the normal process and prevent the citizens from calling for a voter referendum. The Governor has called for several things including a magazine capacity limit and a consortium of religious and anti-gun groups are spearheading an AWB for next year's election.

Things are bleak. If you want it get it now. They are intent on disarming the law abiding citizens which will put us at the mercy of criminals. Somehow this is supposed to make us safer.

Regarding NFA weapons, still legal here including automatic weapons. Even though they have NEVER been used in a crime here expect them to be quietly outlawed as well.

Well stated 3MTA3...

I'd add, get registered to vote and vote for those who will protect your civil rights as they pertain to the second amendment. Which pretty much means voting other than democrats into office in Oregon...

We are in for a real sh!tstorm come January unless we change the balance of power at the ballot box in November.

Oregon Firearms Federation OFF Alerts | Oregon Firearms Federation under the alerts section to the right of the page will bring you up to date on what's brewing in the Liberal cauldrons in Salem. I'd like to invite you to join OFF as they are dedicated to no compromise to the 2A in Oregon. And as mentioned earlier, help us keep Oregon a free state by voting against all right restricting legislation.

Well stated 3MTA3...

I'd add, get registered to vote and vote for those who will protect your civil rights as they pertain to the second amendment. Which pretty much means voting other than democrats into office in Oregon...

We are in for a real sh!tstorm come January unless we change the balance of power at the ballot box in November.

This is the Truth same goes for Washington they need to be voted out both local and federal they
are fixing to give us a beat-down Vote them out.

@3MTA3 is right. What happens to our rights in the next year will come down to the local elections in November. In past years, the house and senate in Oregon have maintained just enough pro-gun votes to help block most of their attempts to grab our rights. Unfortunately, that changed in the 2014 election - the wonderful voters of Oregon gave the anti-gunners the Governorship (yet again) and gave them the majority in both the house and senate. First thing they did was use the 2015 legislative session to screw over gun owners with SB941 - passed as an "emergency" (what a f'ing joke) so the citizens couldn't vote on it or vote to repeal it. If they are allowed to maintain this majority, we will get supremely hosed in 2017 - many guess that magazine restrictions, BGC's on ammo purchases, and restrictions on certain types of firearms will fly through, also as an "emergency".

The blocking votes we used to have were lost in part due to voter apathy (not bothering to vote), Bloomberg dumping a ton of money into certain campaigns and supposedly pro-gun voters voting for anti-gun politicians.

Fact is, in this state, if they have a (D) after their name, they are anti gun. It's not an opinion, just simple fact - all you have to do is look at the voting record. So long as we allow that one party to dominate, our rights will be gradually whittled down until we look like CA, NY, etc.

Get out and vote, and vote PRO GUN!!!

Beyond that, Oregon is a great place to live, I do love it here, I think you will too.

Betsy Johnson being the only exception I'm aware of. We owe a great debt to her for taking a lot of heat from her own party on our behalf.

That's right, I forgot about her contribution to trying to protect our rights. She does deserve to be re-elected.

For my district of northwest Clackamas County, I will recommend anyone there vote for Evon Tekorious (R) to replace that crap-weasel Brent Barton (who thankfully isn't running this time) who sold us out on SB941 in 2015. I know Evon personally and have spoken to her about 2A rights, I believe she is firmly on our side - her husband is a good gun guy himself.

Eventually it will be necessary the throw Betsy out along with, hopefully, ALL the other democrats because the majority party controls the agenda and as long as they are in the majority the 2d Amendment is at greater and greater risk in Oregon!!!

Sheldon

Oregon has been unique in the fact we have been one of the few states that has HAD Pro 2A Dems and that is what has saved us (or slowed any radical anti - gun legislation) in the past but they are disappearing.

I'd like to invite you to join OFF as they are dedicated to no compromise to the 2A in Oregon.

I just did so this morning; thank you for the heads up. I am a member of the NRA and the Oregon State Shooting Association, but I am glad to help other groups who are working to preserve our rights.

I find it entertaining when people use the word RIGHTS. We have no rights... we have privileges. Rights are an illusion.... just like voting but I digress.
George Carlin talked about the Japanese Americans who were put in concentration camps, the only right they had was.... RIGHT this way please, through those gates and to your new homes.

Little by little they will take away what little privileges you/I/we have.... it's up to you to decide if you will follow any BS they pass. Are you a sheep? Or a sheep DOG?
Be prepared to walk the walk when the time comes.... ya WHEN, not if.

You don't like the way it is? Go email and call the mafia members and see how far that will take you. The fish rots from the head down.

I find it entertaining when people use the word RIGHTS. We have no rights... we have privileges. Rights are an illusion....
I'd agree with you on the voting but not on the rights. If we only have privileges where did we get them? It couldn't be from the gov because all the power they have was given to them by us.

I think there's a sub-forum here on what you're inquiring about.
Make sure to vote and not be a Chicken Little hand grenade thrower that doesn't.

It's the state californians are fleeing to, and full of tree hugging hippiesz
That should tell you.

That's it in a nutshell. They pass feel good laws that destroy the economy of the state and give up their liberties, then when it stinks enough they move somewhere else and do the same thing there. Pretty much the whole west coast is a goner.

Little by little they will take away what little privileges you/I/we have.... it's up to you to decide if you will follow any BS they pass. Are you a sheep? Or a sheep DOG?
Be prepared to walk the walk when the time comes.... ya WHEN, not if.

The ownership of a firearm is not a privilege but a right. They are eroding both but a right is much harder to take away. If we do not push back against it, we will end up without means to defend ourselves and our families and will be led to the slaughter.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top