JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Tap, I've experimented with BIC brand and style of lights and have had varied success. Some have leaked slowly and after a year were empty, others had the flint disintegrate after being in storage for a year or longer and then were used. Some worked fine after storage but I don't have a high confidence level that long term storage works reliably. I'd be interested in others experiences.

That's good to know, I wasn't aware of that. I have had mine for a couple of years, haven't had any issues yet, but they are stored inside.

Tap, I've experimented with BIC brand and style of lights and have had varied success. Some have leaked slowly and after a year were empty, others had the flint disintegrate after being in storage for a year or longer and then were used. Some worked fine after storage but I don't have a high confidence level that long term storage works reliably. I'd be interested in others experiences.

Ditto with Trailboss! For those reasons I carried a handful of BIC's at a time, along with 2-3 other options for fire starting. BIC's are for convenience not life saving!

A few road flares in the survival kit and trunk of the car will start a fire with some pretty crappy wood is even crappier weather. Kudos to the guys that can do it with the survival matches, etc. but a few flares makes quick work out of getting the fire started.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top