JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They work pretty well for fire starting. Got to get close though. Had one in the car for years, never recharged it. Still keeps going. This thread reminded me to charge it.

08375B1B-485D-432D-8C47-5274568EEB1C.jpeg

Regular old butane lighters work fine, my current preference are mini-bic.

However cheapo Chinese versions work fine as well. Including at altitude & in the cold / wind. Used them fine up to 5,000 ish Meters in the Himalaya (Xiangjiang, Tibet, Nepal)... way back when.

Worked best if kept in a chest pocket, however also worked if not kept "warm" by warming them up in hands.

New fangled (for the time) windproof refillable piezo lighter didn't work...

Hmmm... Wife has a lot of problems pulling the trigger on those propane stove lighters. :rolleyes:

Wonder how that long one would work. :s0092:

I sprung for a pair ... Needed something for Valentine's Day. :s0093:

Last Edited:
Dollar Tree finally restocked box matches, so I picked up 3 boxes and two more butane disposable lighters. I also have a propane torch that works quite well.

It would seem to me the main benefit of an arc lighter would be the wind resistance.

Have a couple, works well for fireworks 😀, specially the long candle version. Have had only one issue - pouring rain and tried to light a fire, shocked myself 😀.

No charge needed.

You can get them much cheaper than that one though.

No charge needed.

You can get them much cheaper than that one though.
Fire pistons take work. You may be able the get an ember from charcloth "in high wind" but then you have to move that delicate ember into the fluff ball without losing it or it blowing away/blowing out.

They are cool & interesting but not with the weight of lighters & matches.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top