JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

And with Jinkins at the helm, you can bet there'll be no holds barred to ramrod this and many others thru.:eek:

Get busy folks...don't just vent here...spread.the.word.

Boss

^^The point is capacity above some arbitrary number set by the most blissful (ignorant) gun control fanatic doesn't make it 'high' capacity. The standard capacity for a Glock 17 is 17, not 10 or 5 or some other blissfully set number. As such, when they're talking 'high cap' magazines (and not incorrectly calling them 'clips'), they're usually referring to standard capacity mags.

Regardless, the point being we've got major obstacles ahead. Hopefully many remember the farce of the committees just a few months ago, watching the dims just push thru bill after bill. All 4-5 dims 'Yay' all 3-4 Republicans 'Nay'...'and the bill passes...'

Jinkins is going to make sure all those make it to the floor and get voted on, and unless conservatives get off their a$$es and vote, they will most likely pass, and at best, it's a years long battle in court to get them overturned.

They are going to drive good folks out of this state , tearing apart families in the process. And they they couldn't care less.

Get out of this echo chamber...venting to a few dozen like minded folks here only goes so far. Spread.The.Word.

Boss

They are going to drive good folks out of this state , tearing apart families in the process. And they they couldn't care less.

There really isnt anywhere to go anymore.

Texas and Florida will be blue in another couple of election cycles... Idaho too probably...

Montana is probably not far behind... 2032 maybe it'll be blue-ish

Most of the west is lost. Wyoming maybe, but not enough jobs.

Midwest and parts of the south?

We just cant or wont counter the messaging that is rammed down everyones throats... CONSTANTLY... when you have the entire means of speech shutting you out and working against you, how can you compete? When the entirety of the school system, at EVERY level, is essentially brainwashing young people.... Hollywood & entertainment industries hate you and everything you stand for... especially guns.... and they all have tens of millions of cash to prop up the organizations that fight against you.

Its tough... by all means, lets go down swinging...... but we will die tired.

I have said this before and been given some flak for it ...but I still say that it something to consider...

In my collection of gun books I have The Shooter's Bible and Gun Digest from 1969-1979 and in all of those the
Colt AR15 rifle comes from the factory with a 5 round magazine.
Because of this , someone could make the argument that a 5 round magazine is the "Standard Capacity" for a AR15 magazine.

Please note that I am not in favor of limits on magazines and the amount of cartridges they can hold.

I do however dislike the terms "standard capacity " and "high capacity" magazines...Just who gets to determine what is "standard capacity " and what is "high capacity"...?
Kinda like the term "Assault Rifle " ...these three terms place a false , often arbitrary and artificial , number , value and perception on a item.
Its just a magazine ...nothing else , nothing more.
Andy

AR 15 has 30 round magazine as "standard". 1911 is 7 round is standard.
The San Bernardino shooters reloaded 3 times - does it really matter if you have a 10- or 20-round magazine if you can walk in someplace with a half dozen loaded mags? The point is, if you're an idiot hell-bent on causing havoc and mayhem, you will find a way

I agree with @Andyinon the "standard capacity" thing.

We seem to devote a lot of time to that idea, that somehow if the concept is accepted, the antis will leave them alone.

They dont care. Period.
They will set whatever arbitrary limit they want and ram in down our throats.

Similar to the whole, " its not an assault rifle, its a sporting rifle" ... No one cares. They want to take it from you no matter what you call it.

I say embrace it.

I own an assault rifle.
I have a RIGHT to own an assault rifle

Time to come out of the safe.
Say it loud, say it proud

There really isnt anywhere to go anymore.

Texas and Florida will be blue in another couple of election cycles... Idaho too probably...

Montana is probably not far behind... 2032 maybe it'll be blue-ish

Most of the west is lost. Wyoming maybe, but not enough jobs.

Midwest and parts of the south?
We are in the process of deciding whether to stay in WA. Due to a desire to be near family, it's either here or TX. I agree, TX is already purple and heading toward blue. Just had my TX family in town...they highlight the fact that Houston, Dallas, Austin and San Antonio are already blue. The WA State model on steroids...don't like what the urban and growing blue suburbanites want? "Well then, suck it." They also said the Beto/Cruz close-call was a wake up call for conservatives. We'll see...too many right-minded thinkers are sitting out elections in TX, and here in WA. I'm less bullish than they are...I think the demographics are driving the blue-shift in TX.

Saddens me (no, pisses me off) that the same people who voted clowns into office in places like CA are moving to ID, TX, CO, GA, and WA because of better jobs and economic climate...only to bring their ideology and votes with them and ruin great states. Keep your eye on Nashville...another fast growing population of blue migrants.

Wont matter.

There are still more than enough dickheads out there who think it takes an eternity to change a magazine and that you can rush to tackle the shooter during the mag change.

Really... Ive used this video numerous times and people still come up with some nonsense objection.

These are the same people who think that cops should not kill people but instead shoot the weapon out of their hand.

^^This is the REAL problem...the REAL agenda of the extremists/prohibitionists...the removal of private firearms ownership from law abiding citizens. Nothing we do or say is going to change their minds...they are bound and determined to try to ensure only criminals have guns...and turning us into 'criminals' with the stroke of a pen is just fine in their minds. Constitution, Rights, logic, reason mean nothing to them because they're misguided belief that disarming us will reduce crime/make society safer.

Boss

Heard on the news this would be a priority for 2020 in Oregon as well.

Honestly with 3d printed technology improving in this area, it's pointless....

They may be able to stop the market item from existing but it will just become more dangerous to everyone in a black market that is easier then ever to supply goods from.

It's a box and a spring, might as well try and regulate a weed that can commonly grow in your yard.
:confused:

The day this happened I bought a couple more happy sticks. The biggest problem will be all the gun owners who are either ambivilant or fully support another mag ban. The way it's going I have little doubt I will see another ban in my lifetime. Just be a matter of whether or not they let us keep the ones we have this time around. The next ban will of course do nothing so then they will go after the black rifles again. With many gun owners cheering them on :s0054:

Heard on the news this would be a priority for 2020 in Oregon as well.

Honestly with 3d printed technology improving in this area, it's pointless....

They may be able to stop the market item from existing but it will just become more dangerous to everyone in a black market that is easier then ever to supply goods from.

It's a box and a spring, might as well try and regulate a weed that can commonly grow in your yard.
:confused:

The new laws on mags will do what they are aimed at, legal owners. The people who push this know full well it does nothing to crime. That is not what they are after. Most gun owners who are not the problem will just go along with another new law.

I'd like like to see a politician with such giddy delight describe how a drug cartel or violent gang was taken down as when they talk about vilifying an organization of 6M law abiding citizens.:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top