JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They want to put people in jail for owning small boxes that are slightly too large; besides being absurd, this is the very definition of a victimless crime.

Kind of ironic when when many people argued for decriminalization of drugs based on that being a victimless crime and overpopulating prisons, but then a subset of those people turn around and want to put you in jail for owning a plastic and metal box. Mental gymnastics are an Olympic level sport now.

Wont matter. There are still more than enough dickheads out there who think it takes an eternity to change a magazine and that you can rush to tackle the shooter during the mag change.
Perhaps it won't. In the meantime, I'm going to keep pushing the information in front of those misinformed individuals. Education can be a slow process.

Dan

Read the end of the article...according to her, as the bills passed their committees last session, all they need is to be voted on:eek:?? How many other GC bills fall into this category? From how many previous sessions? Can she bring them up on the first day they're in session in at 8am and get them all voted thru?

The epic blissfulness 'those are only intended for war':rolleyes: ...

Spread.The.Word. folks, as far as you can.

Boss

The Mauser and Mosin Nagant were weapons of war too...

So was the 1911...

45acp, 556, 762, etc are all meant for war...
Hell the 9mm is even called such 'parabellum' ... These are next in line for sure

Get out of this echo chamber...venting to a few dozen like minded folks here only goes so far. Spread.The.Word.

Boss

If you haven't noticed, this is hardly an "echo chamber", what with compromise, reasonable talks, middle ground being pushed by some.... might as well say "common sense gun restrictions". That aside, I would hardly assume that people aren't spreading the word.

Although I don't generally discuss gun issues with my left leaning friends, I certainly brought up the spate of anti-gun legislation in Oregon this year. I think many forum members are the same. The thing we need to make sure our friends are doing is supporting pro-gun groups, writing legislators, and VOTING!!! IMO Complacency is the real enemy.

I own an assault rifle.
I have a RIGHT to own an assault rifle

Time to come out of the safe.
Say it loud, say it proud

I have an assault gun... it has a one-shot mag...

They are parasites.

More like locusts!!

That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works!

I think it has in the past. I fear that won't be the case this time. Something bad is coming.

If you haven't noticed, this is hardly an "echo chamber", what with compromise, reasonable talks, middle ground being pushed by some.... might as well say "common sense gun restrictions". That aside, I would hardly assume that people aren't spreading the word.

Although I don't generally discuss gun issues with my left leaning friends, I certainly brought up the spate of anti-gun legislation in Oregon this year. I think many forum members are the same. The thing we need to make sure our friends are doing is supporting pro-gun groups, writing legislators, and VOTING!!! IMO Complacency is the real enemy.

I have an assault gun... it has a one-shot mag...

More like locusts!!

I think it has in the past. I fear that won't be the case this time. Something bad is coming.
Perhaps gun owners will need to show up en force at the beginning of the 2020 Oregon Legislative session and remind them of the real purpose of the short session which does not include legislation to curtail rights... If memory serves me correctly, it's to be budget based... I'll have to look that up again to be sure...

The Mauser and Mosin Nagant were weapons of war too...

So was the 1911...

45acp, 556, 762, etc are all meant for war...
Hell the 9mm is even called such 'parabellum' ... These are next in line for sure

Parabellum is Latin for "prepare for war" and is often used within the context of the phrase Si vis pacem, para bellum, meaning "If you want peace, prepare for war."

Stack that parabellum deep.

Similar to the whole, " its not an assault rifle, its a sporting rifle" ... No one cares. They want to take it from you no matter what you call it.
I own an assault rifle.
I have a RIGHT to own an assault rifle

Verbiage makes a big difference to those not familiar to the debate. "Assault" brings up images of mass shootings. "Sporting" brings up images of paper targets or shooting cans when they were kids. Its much easier to persuade people to our side.

Saddens me (no, pisses me off) that the same people who voted clowns into office in places like CA are moving to ID, TX, CO, GA, and WA because of better jobs and economic climate...only to bring their ideology and votes with them and ruin great states. Keep your eye on Nashville...another fast growing population of blue migrants.

The TX state legislators are partially to blame. They capitalized upon CA high taxes and persuaded large corporations into relocating to TX. These corporations brought many of their essential workers with them from blue CA.

Verbiage makes a big difference to those not familiar to the debate. "Assault" brings up images of mass shootings. "Sporting" brings up images of paper targets or shooting cans when they were kids. Its much easier to persuade people to our side.
Yes and when government officials along with citizens stupidly call them "assault rifles" it perpetuates the lie - we need to stop them at everything turn. I educate people daily on the real meaning of my AR's name

Yes and when government officials along with citizens stupidly call them "assault rifles" it perpetuates the lie - we need to stop them at everything turn. I educate people daily on the real meaning of my AR's name

This paragraph is a simple yet effective means of educating people on fb and Twitter etc
The "AR" in "AR-15" rifle stands for ArmaLite rifle, after the company that developed it in the 1950s. "AR" does NOT stand for "assault rifle" or "automatic rifle." AR-15-style rifles are NOT "assault weapons" or "assault rifles." An assault rifle is fully automatic, a machine gun.

This paragraph is a simple yet effective means of educating people on fb and Twitter etc
The "AR" in "AR-15" rifle stands for ArmaLite rifle, after the company that developed it in the 1950s. "AR" does NOT stand for "assault rifle" or "automatic rifle." AR-15-style rifles are NOT "assault weapons" or "assault rifles." An assault rifle is fully automatic, a machine gun.
Except the part about assault rifle being a fully automatic machine gun as no rifle is an "assault" rifle unless a human uses it to assault

My only point was they dont care what we call it or what the manufacturer calls it.

They want to take it anyway.

I doubt there exists a person who is unsympathetic to the 2A, that reads this and thinks "wow, Ive been totally wrong about this the whole time"
Who then proceeds to vote conservative or writes their Dem officials and tries to change their minds.

The TX state legislators are partially to blame. They capitalized upon CA high taxes and persuaded large corporations into relocating to TX. These corporations brought many of their essential workers with them from blue CA.

No they are not to "blame" in any way. This is not something new. Places run by people of a certain slant for long enough turn into a sewer. Other places were more freedom is allowed prosper. So many who voted in the sewer move to the place where all is much nicer. Of course the first thing they do is start to vote to bring the sewer to the new home. States that attract jobs attract people who want to work. The only blame is voters. If we could get gun owners to stop voting for a sewer it would improve vastly. Wanting states to tank their economy to keep out the sewer would work to some extent but few would want to live where there are no jobs.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top