JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm sorry for what may be this ignorant question. But I haven't paid close attention enough since all the COVID madness began. What is the current fair market price for 9mm ammo? $.70/round? $1/round? I'm asking for both buying & possible selling purposes. Thanks in advance for your answers.

I was at Skagit Sports and they had cases and cases of boxed Remington 100 round JHP 115gr "Value Pack" for $80 a box. It wasn't priced so I grabbed one and took it to the register to see the price.
I started laughing when the lady told me the price. I couldn't help it. I really thought she was joking when she didn't scan it and quickly said $80. I wasn't trying to be rude. It just caught me by surprise. I was expecting the punchline to be like $45 or something. LOL

I don't think I should go back there awhile.

I have been watching the classifieds here and at 50 cents it goes quick and 75 cents not so fast. I would guess somewhere in that range. But as retailers raise their prices people will end up paying more on the secondary market.

Today's 60 cents a round could well be next month's bargain price for 9mm. From what I'm seeing at LGS that even have any 9mm, it's $40 a box with limits. Just got a notification that MIdwayUSA has 1000 round cases of CCI for $499 right this minute. After shipping and tax however, it's $580 delivered to your door. Someone flipping it for a profit will eventually want $700 or more. It's all about supply and demand.

Last Edited:
Fair price is determined by the purchaser. And THAT is determined by their current situation.

What's fair now would have seemed outrageous and laughable several months ago.

Seems currently 50-60 cents a round goes pretty quickly.

One thing I look at is how long the adds stay up here. There were a few that disappeared pretty quick. Someone seems willing to pay but there is also a ceiling.

My anecdotal experiences selling excess over the past few weeks so you have some real data:

High demand self-defense rounds in 9mm will probably move fairly fast at $1/round, depending on quantity etc. (Think Ranger T-Series, Federal HST, etc.)
Random brass is all over the place. If you have both you can mix quantities in a "lot", which lets the buyer justify it to themselves on a per round basis however they want with the quantities, you can just price it on what you need to get out of it.

Like many others are noting though - supply and demand is catching a falling knife. If you have huge cartoon dollar signs in your eyes it will probably move slower than you thought. If you have to make rent tomorrow and price it that way you might move it by dinnertime.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top