JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Where did the Springfield Armory thread go? I'm not a big fan of the company myself. I have an older M1A that I like, but I was never a fan of their 1911s (or most non-Colt 1911s), and the XDs were never my cup of tea, though I could see why people like them. My biggest issue is they don't really make anything of their own. The XD is a design from Croatia that they stamp their name on. The Saint thing was a joke. All the secret ads with hot chicks and operator types, only to have it be an AR. A plain one at that.

What was all that talk about them and Rock River? Sounds like they turned their backs on fighting anti-gun legalization in exchange for exemptions? I remember when Smith & Wesson pulled that stunt in the 90s with the gun bans.

Their guns all seem to be decent, just not a huge fan of the company. It took a while before I could buy a Smith & Wesson product. Ruger did some fishy things too.

What say all?

I'm not big on any non Colt. Its dumb, I know. I'm not crazy about front cocking serrations either. They are a perfectly good representation of the design, just not a Colt. Wasn't crazy about some of their two piece guide rods either.

I'm not a super big SA fan but I do like non colt 1911s, my ruger has been excellent for many years in particular. And I like that it doesnt have any series 80 or Swartz safety BS.

My only like is the USGI 1911A1, just like the one I carried in three (or was it four?) continents, through foreign cities, forests, jungles, swamps, and high-deserts. Don't/didn't care if it was a Colt, a Remington, or an Ithaca... Just make sure you carry at least 7 mags for it. ;)

When shoping for a new set of 40S&W pistols, the XDM40 was the one that the wife and I settled on, it shot well and it fit our hands with a better gripping surface than the others; Think SNL sayin Hated it...:p
Glocks... Hated it...
S&Ws... Hated it...
SIGs... Hated it...
Taurus... Hated it...
Walthers... Hated it...
Berettas... Hated it...
Kahrs... Hated it...
HKs... Hated it...

Where did that thread go!? I got busy at work and didn't get a chance to reply earlier. I want to get an M1 Garand :rolleyes:through the CMP, but that's not for a love for Springfield.

@Stomper you 100% beat me to it! :s0140:Haha but on a serious note the definition of a forum is "a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular subject can be exchanged" why do VOLUNTEER mods have to be excluded from that? If anything @Joe Link decides who the NWFA mods are and how opinionated he would prefer them to be.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top