JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought this Saint used here for a song back during the lock down. Eventually I get up in the hills to try it out and ipso facto jam-o-matic. I replace the bolt, same thing. I replace the extractor, same thing. I throw an brand new BCG in and the thing shoots like it's nobody's business. Now I know why that turnip sold it to me for such a good price. "oh sure, it shoots great", he said. Fast forward to a month ago, I was curious if SA would warranty the thing so I emailed their customer service. They sent me an RA and told me to send in the BCG. Today I get an email with a tracking number and they're sending an new BCG, no questions asked. Pretty good for a Monday so far.

Love to hear about a Co who treats the customer well after they got the money. When I read reviews of anything that means as much to me as the ones saying how great their product is. I feel much better giving money to one I hear will do right if the customer gets a problem.

Sorry to hear you got burned on here. Hope SA can help you get your rifle sorted soon

Didn't really consider it getting burned. I figured there was a reason why the guy let it go so low and I was good with that. With AR's it's just a flow chart anyway. As a good former armorer I had enough in spares to get me through most anything.

You should out the "turnip" so nobody else here get's screwed over by him. I hate lying turnips.

At least give him negative feedback. :rolleyes:
Nah. He only joined the forum to list his AR and that was his only post. He clearly wasn't a gun guy to begin with. He seemed nice enough but he was more into his car it seemed. I clearly got the better of the deal as there was a $300 red dot that came with it. No harm, no foul and the Saint has a good home where it is appreciated.

Springfield Armory has consistently demonstrated industry-leading customer service since the 1990s, in my opinion. I once was having issued with a (1992 vintage pre-MilSpec/G.I.) base model 1911 -- was dinging the case mouths something bad with erratic ejection, and Deb, who was their lead CS rep at the time, transferred me over to one of their 'smithing shop gurus, who basically walked me through what I needed to do to fix it (unless I wanted to send it in, which I did not at the time). Probably over an hour on the phone, very patient guy.

So, @cigars, hope you still like your Saint once you get the new BCG. I got one of the first ones in FDE with all the BCM furniture, and it's been one of my better ARs. Definitely an under-the-radar AR that is just well-built and reliable.

Not my preferred brand, but wherever your moral compass guides you… your decision. Lots of companies had made bad political or lawyered decisions. SA and RRA (dealer politics), Ruger (see below), S&W (Hillary Hole), Colt (Politically Correct Rifle), Kahr/Thompson (Sun Yun Moon], and many others. Anything with a 5+lb trigger is pretty much a FU Lawyer no-go from me (listening Henry?).

Found the Bill Ruger quote… "The best way to address the firepower concern is therefore not to try to outlaw or license many millions of older and perfectly legitimate firearms (which would be a licensing effort of staggering proportions) but to prohibit the possession of high capacity magazines," Ruger said in a letter to Congress in 1989.

Last Edited:
But but but err Springfield Armory very bad company. Sell out gun owners, bad, never buy from them!

;)

I just picked up a new Saint this morning. I think they're a quality sleeper and expect them to rise in price. The logo is a bit much, but no big deal.

Update: New BCG arrived today via FedEx. Happy Friday indeed. Nice that they shipped it in a nice case.
Thank you Springfield Armory!

IMG_20220527_110343.jpg IMG_20220527_110252.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top