JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Springfield Armory in general, shrug. I've got a M1911A1 that works and plastic pistols don't really register any more. However, an M1A, with a shorter barrel, suppressed with a good .30-cal can, and with quality glass:

3583hn-54478560097cc.jpg

Abstaining from my true opinions has an effect similar to dipping my hand in warm water while I sleep. :D

Most modern guns are purely utilitarian to me and SA makes solid shooters that do what they are supposed to. Fretting over cosmetics, lettering etc is akin to the modern metrosexual male to me, but to each his own.

I dont buy a current production gun looking for soul or character, I buy them to place a projectile where I want it to go, when I want it to go there, and SA products do that pretty good all in all IMO.

I like what I've been seeing and reading about the Springfield XD Mod 2 9mm 4 and 5 inch barrel pistols and plan on buying one in the next couple of days. It will probably be the 4" barrel although I won't know for sure until I can hold one.

As for the others, I have Ruger, S&W, Colt, Sterling and Winchester... soon to have a Springfield.

Mike

Most modern guns are purely utilitarian to me and SA makes solid shooters that do what they are supposed to. Fretting over cosmetics, lettering etc is akin to the modern metrosexual male to me, but to each his own.

I dont buy a current production gun looking for soul or character, I buy them to place a projectile where I want it to go, when I want it to go there, and SA products do that pretty good all in all IMO.

Aint it the other way around? The XD has all the gimicks, most everyone else's gun comes plain.

I've really enjoyed the SA EMP. It's the only Defender sized 1911 purpose built to reliably feed 9mm, not merely a shrunken down from 45 ACP like other mfg's. I know the Colt Commander was originally designed as an aluminum framed 9mm pistol, but it's a little bit bigger.

The M1A is a beautiful well made rifle.

Who owns Grip Zone, because I have seen power tools at Home Depot with the same crap written on the handle. I am thinking that Ryobi and Springfield Armory cater to the same crowd :D good guys, but maybe they need a little visual cue as to which end to hold, and which is the business end. :p

I have a couple of the SA 1911's I like just because they work so well. The oldest one was some kind of special order that must have not been wanted. It was before the "Loaded" line hit and was like a Mil Spec with stuff added and done to it. Had the port lowered, Adj rear sight, extended safety, and beaver tail added. I changed out the arched main housing with a flat as I like them this way. Later had them dovetail a front.
Now have a Loaded that was Fathers. Has the FLGR and front serrations. Both of which I would just as soon not have.
Never was big on the XD line until the 10mm came out. Now that does temp me ;-)

Haha but on a serious note the definition of a forum is "a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular subject can be exchanged" why do VOLUNTEER mods have to be excluded from that? If anything @Joe Link decides who the NWFA mods are and how opinionated he would prefer them to be.

This is spot on. As representatives of NWFA we definitely hold our moderators to a higher set of standards, but that certainly doesn't mean they aren't welcome to express their opinions. If I felt a moderator was crossing the line I'd deal with it (and I've encouraged all of you to message me if that's the case). Our @Moderators spend hours per day here maintaining the community for everyone else to enjoy. Putting in the work for a community you can't participate in is like volunteering to setup for a party to which you aren't invited :D

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top