JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Where did the Springfield Armory thread go? I'm not a big fan of the company myself. I have an older M1A that I like, but I was never a fan of their 1911s (or most non-Colt 1911s), and the XDs were never my cup of tea, though I could see why people like them. My biggest issue is they don't really make anything of their own. The XD is a design from Croatia that they stamp their name on. The Saint thing was a joke. All the secret ads with hot chicks and operator types, only to have it be an AR. A plain one at that.

What was all that talk about them and Rock River? Sounds like they turned their backs on fighting anti-gun legalization in exchange for exemptions? I remember when Smith & Wesson pulled that stunt in the 90s with the gun bans.

Their guns all seem to be decent, just not a huge fan of the company. It took a while before I could buy a Smith & Wesson product. Ruger did some fishy things too.

What say all?

I'm not big on any non Colt. Its dumb, I know. I'm not crazy about front cocking serrations either. They are a perfectly good representation of the design, just not a Colt. Wasn't crazy about some of their two piece guide rods either.

I'm not a super big SA fan but I do like non colt 1911s, my ruger has been excellent for many years in particular. And I like that it doesnt have any series 80 or Swartz safety BS.

My only like is the USGI 1911A1, just like the one I carried in three (or was it four?) continents, through foreign cities, forests, jungles, swamps, and high-deserts. Don't/didn't care if it was a Colt, a Remington, or an Ithaca... Just make sure you carry at least 7 mags for it. ;)

When shoping for a new set of 40S&W pistols, the XDM40 was the one that the wife and I settled on, it shot well and it fit our hands with a better gripping surface than the others; Think SNL sayin Hated it...:p
Glocks... Hated it...
S&Ws... Hated it...
SIGs... Hated it...
Taurus... Hated it...
Walthers... Hated it...
Berettas... Hated it...
Kahrs... Hated it...
HKs... Hated it...

Where did that thread go!? I got busy at work and didn't get a chance to reply earlier. I want to get an M1 Garand :rolleyes:through the CMP, but that's not for a love for Springfield.

@Stomper you 100% beat me to it! :s0140:Haha but on a serious note the definition of a forum is "a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular subject can be exchanged" why do VOLUNTEER mods have to be excluded from that? If anything @Joe Link decides who the NWFA mods are and how opinionated he would prefer them to be.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top