JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is sad..........

<broken link removed>

SPRINGFIELD, Ore. - Given just months to live, Aaron Jamison has set his mind on two missions.

The first is to spread a message of hope. Jamison, who has terminal cancer, hands out purple bracelets that read "Cancer Sucks... Life is Good...Choose Joy" to people he meets.

The other mission is harder. Jamison wants to pay for his cremation and urn costs before he dies so his wife Kristin won't have to worry about it.

His plan is to sell advertising space on two urns that will hold his ashes - one for his wife and one for his parents.

"I'm on different chemo now," said Jamison, who was diagnosed with an aggressive form of colon cancer. It has spread to his liver and lymph nodes. " If it works, I've got about nine months. If it doesn't work, I've got three. So I'm trying to get on the ball with the ad sales."

The plan and his sense of humor are typical Aaron, say his wife and friends.

When others might cry, the musician and comedian finds a way to laugh.

"He does quirky little things and this is kind of him," said his wife, Kristin Jamison. At first, she objected to the plan but now supports it.

"I asked her to marry me after 30 days," he said. "Ads on urns are no big deal after that."

Jamison said he is collecting disability, but it does not cover his monthly medical bills. He has a small life insurance policy, but said it's not much to leave to his wife.

"He had so much concern for his wife and how she was going to be able to handle this," said Dustin Remington, Jamison's longtime friend and owner of Terese's Place. "It was just an opportunity I was happy to be a part of."

Remington handed over a 100 dollar check and signed a contract Monday.

Greg Byerly, who owns Cry Baby Ink, also plans to buy ad space.

Jamison plans to hand paint the ads on the two urns. He hopes to raise 800 dollars to pay for the cremation and the urns.

If you're interested in buying an ad, visit his website or e-mail [email protected]

Kind of makes you think about some of the day to day issues we all grumble about. They're pretty insignificant in comparison to what this man is going thru. What a great attitude!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top