JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My kid brought this link to my attention. It's actually about designing illustrations, but in this case about they're about the 'tells' that someone's packin.' I thought this group might be interested in the content as much as the presentation design.

http://www.edwardtufte.com/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=0002w4&topic_id=1

When out in public, do you exhibit these behaviors? Do you watch for them in others?

My first reaction back to my kid was that a reliable holster would alleviate many of the tell-tales, that this is really about spotting the gansta's at the mall. Second reaction was that I have some of those 'tell's even though I don't/can't CC. I've broken so many wristwatch crystals over the years that I almost uncontrollably protect my left wrist by swinging it to the small of my back any time I pass by a bollard, through a doorway, by oncoming traffic in an aisle, etc. (I'm now considering the ramifications of GGs/BGs thinking they've read me as a carrier due to this behavior...)

Edward Tufte is the 'dean' of information graphics; I took in one of his one-day seminars years ago, and it was worth every penny my employer spent. Really intensely fun, if you're a nerd. His books are really lush with information and the posters for sale on his site are fun, too (again, if you're a nerd.)

MrB

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews