JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Have this scope. https://www.leupold.com/gr-10-20x40mm-compact-spotting-scope
And a Bog Death Grip.

How to best mount?

leupold gr10.jpg

Prob dont want to take the head off cause I use it for rifles. The block of wood, the mount is on the front of the scope. 1/4-20 stud would have to be L shaped? Might give them a call to see if there is something leupold makes. Gracias.

ui_kit.jpg

ui_feature.png

ui_l_compact01.png

ui_l_compact02.png
ui_mount.png
ui_adpt.png

Last Edited:
Careful with going too light on the tripod, those spotting scopes are heavy and you don't want your expensive glass to hit the ground.

You do realize that you're talking to the guy with a swaro carbon tripod, right?
" 'Scuse me whal ah whip dis out!"

They ran all us guys with little spotting scopes out of Montana.

1709244567592.jpeg
Redfield 15-45x (60's-70's vintage). The glass is incredible. My Dad put this together for spotting Antelope from the rig. The carbine stock he put it on (junk then) might bring more money now than the scope.

Have heard good things about Kahles and is on my want to try list. I would like to see how it compares to Nightforce, Swaro and ZCO, I expect glass on par with Swaro and ZCO, better than Nightforce. Though really more interested in accuracy of tracking and where it stacks up. Have you tried out one of these Horus CATS charts? https://www.horusvision.com/how-to-ensure-your-scope-is-tracking-accurately/

I have a couple but haven't gotten a chance to run any of my optics on it yet.

Have heard good things about Kahles and is on my want to try list. I would like to see how it compares to Nightforce, Swaro and ZCO, I expect glass on par with Swaro and ZCO, better than Nightforce. Though really more interested in accuracy of tracking and where it stacks up. Have you tried out one of these Horus CATS charts? https://www.horusvision.com/how-to-ensure-your-scope-is-tracking-accurately/

I have a couple but haven't gotten a chance to run any of my optics on it yet.
I've got two Kahles k525i scopes that are waiting on rifles to be built, so I haven't gotten them installed yet. Swarovski owns Kahles, and the glass is supposed to be the same. I do have the Swaro ATX 65x, and the glass in phenomenal. Same with the Swaro SLC binos.

Last Edited:
I've got two Kahles k525i scopes that are waiting on rifles to be built, so I haven't gotten them installed yet. Swarovski owns Kahles, and the glass is supposed to be the same. I do have the Swaro ATX 65x, and the glass in phenomenal.
I have a Swaro X5, SLC 15x Binos (my most loved optic), 10x EL Range, ATX95. While the spotter has great glass, it rarely gets used because the mirage at long range makes it just about worthless compared to the SLC 15x bino's. Have heard the exact same thing on Kahles glass and expect it compares or is identical to that in my X5 scope.

Who is building your rifles and what are some specs?

Who is building your rifles and what are some specs?
GA Precision
300 PRC
Defiance Classic Long Magnum
26" Bartlein. 1:9.5 Profile 7
B&A Pro, 1/2# stage-1, 1# stage-2
Manners T2A stock, OD Green
Area 419 Sidewinder Brake
ARCA Rail and weights
Cerakote Grey

Defiance Classic Short
22" Bartlein, Probably 1:11, still deciding, Profile 5
B&A Dakota, 2#
Manners T2A stock, FDE
Threaded barrel
Cerakote Black

Last Edited:
Here's Leupold's version of the Gun Stock idea. Attached to a 25x x50mm Compact (sunshade attached). This rig fits in the lowest pocket of my daypack and has been 100 miles above the Arctic Circle.

1709246830586.jpeg

And if weight is of no concern, this is the Smack Daddy tripod of 'em all. Snagged at a moving sale for nearly nothing, I think it is survey grade equipment. Leupold 12x-40x X 60mm on top.

1709247454888.jpeg

GA Precision
300 PRC
Defiance Classic Long Magnum
26" Bartlein. 1:9.5 Profile 7
B&A Pro, 1/2# stage-1, 1# stage-2
Manners T2A stock, OD Green
Area 419 Sidewinder Brake
ARCA Rail and weights
Cerakote Green

Defiance Classic Short
22" Bartlein, Probably 1:11, still deciding, Profile 5
B&A Dakota, 2#
Manners T2A stock, FDE
Threaded barrel
Cerakote Black
That 300PRC build should be a hammer! Been debating on a 300 magnum build and narrowed down to either a 300 Norma AI or 300 PRC. The Norma suits what I want to do better with less effort to reach the velocities I want with the 230gr bergers but comes with all the limitations of options for the larger bolt face and action.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top