JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody else going back to the turntable and records? I bought a Kenwood system a while back with a turntable and a primo condition Krokus record on it, sans speakers for fifteen bones! Picked up a pair of Onkyo speakers at Goodwill for $30 and the guys at Lewis Audio/Video hooked me up with heavy gauge speaker wire remnants for free. Was rocking a Sun Records Johnny Cash release this morning. Now if I didn't dump all those albums way back when......

I used to love my vinyl records, but ease of use and sheer capacity has converted me to digital. My 443 albums (roughly 12 days worth of music) are a simple button push away.

Also, your avatar scares the heck out of me.

And they're not cheap anymore! I paid $30 for the first Doors album and the same for the first Van Halen! Crazy but I love it!

Anybody else going back to the turntable and records? I bought a Kenwood system a while back with a turntable and a primo condition Krokus record on it, sans speakers for fifteen bones! Picked up a pair of Onkyo speakers at Goodwill for $30 and the guys at Lewis Audio/Video hooked me up with heavy gauge speaker wire remnants for free. Was rocking a Sun Records Johnny Cash release this morning. Now if I didn't dump all those albums way back when......

Heck yeah! I understand the convenience of digital and use it regularly, but for me, nothing beats the nostalgia and sound of vinyl. I really enjoy the process of being connected with the music by putting on a side of my favorite records. I'm kind of old school in that regard, probably why I also enjoy the heck out of revolvers and bolt action rifles too. Here is my setup for the past five years...

Pioneer SX-525 receiver
Audio-Technica AT-LP60 player
Polk Audio TSi100 speakers

20180708_140911.jpg 20180708_140934.jpg

Heck yeah! I understand the convenience of digital and use it regularly, but for me, nothing beats the nostalgia and sound of vinyl. I really enjoy the process of being connected with the music by putting on a side of my favorite records. I'm kind of old school in that regard, probably why I also enjoy the heck out of revolvers and bolt action rifles too. Here is my setup for the past five years...

Pioneer SX-525 receiver
Audio-Technica AT-LP60 player
Polk Audio TSi100 speakers

View attachment 476483 View attachment 476485
Nice set up!

I never went back because I never left. I have a Pioneer very similar to Mister Bisley's. I believe, and I'm sure if I'm wrong I'll get corrected, just be gentle, that the analog play from a vinyl source generally sounds a bit better than digital. I think digital samples at a given rate, probably a higher rate the more bucks you spend, and then at the receiving end, amp, the dots are reconnected. What's in the gaps that are reconnected is what I think makes the analog sound better, nothing to reconnect. Or perhaps I'm just another old fart liking "the way it used to be".

I never went back because I never left. I have a Pioneer very similar to Mister Bisley's. I believe, and I'm sure if I'm wrong I'll get corrected, just be gentle, that the analog play from a vinyl source generally sounds a bit better than digital. I think digital samples at a given rate, probably a higher rate the more bucks you spend, and then at the receiving end, amp, the dots are reconnected. What's in the gaps that are reconnected is what I think makes the analog sound better, nothing to reconnect. Or perhaps I'm just another old fart liking "the way it used to be".
Rock n roll is better on wax

Slowly working my way back in although I never completely left. I still have my Sansui 9090DB, Sansui 9090 and my newer HK AVR 40 receivers and 6 pairs of speakers. At one time I had so much stereo equipment it filled up a 15 x 18 room with over 40 pairs of speakers, 33 reel to reel decks, 18 turntables, over 80 various receivers, amps, pre amps, tuners and a lot more. It was a hoarders complex that I finally broke but every time I see something I used to own I feel a twinge. Going to buy a turntable next.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top