JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody else going back to the turntable and records? I bought a Kenwood system a while back with a turntable and a primo condition Krokus record on it, sans speakers for fifteen bones! Picked up a pair of Onkyo speakers at Goodwill for $30 and the guys at Lewis Audio/Video hooked me up with heavy gauge speaker wire remnants for free. Was rocking a Sun Records Johnny Cash release this morning. Now if I didn't dump all those albums way back when......

I used to love my vinyl records, but ease of use and sheer capacity has converted me to digital. My 443 albums (roughly 12 days worth of music) are a simple button push away.

Also, your avatar scares the heck out of me.

And they're not cheap anymore! I paid $30 for the first Doors album and the same for the first Van Halen! Crazy but I love it!

Anybody else going back to the turntable and records? I bought a Kenwood system a while back with a turntable and a primo condition Krokus record on it, sans speakers for fifteen bones! Picked up a pair of Onkyo speakers at Goodwill for $30 and the guys at Lewis Audio/Video hooked me up with heavy gauge speaker wire remnants for free. Was rocking a Sun Records Johnny Cash release this morning. Now if I didn't dump all those albums way back when......

Heck yeah! I understand the convenience of digital and use it regularly, but for me, nothing beats the nostalgia and sound of vinyl. I really enjoy the process of being connected with the music by putting on a side of my favorite records. I'm kind of old school in that regard, probably why I also enjoy the heck out of revolvers and bolt action rifles too. Here is my setup for the past five years...

Pioneer SX-525 receiver
Audio-Technica AT-LP60 player
Polk Audio TSi100 speakers

20180708_140911.jpg 20180708_140934.jpg

Heck yeah! I understand the convenience of digital and use it regularly, but for me, nothing beats the nostalgia and sound of vinyl. I really enjoy the process of being connected with the music by putting on a side of my favorite records. I'm kind of old school in that regard, probably why I also enjoy the heck out of revolvers and bolt action rifles too. Here is my setup for the past five years...

Pioneer SX-525 receiver
Audio-Technica AT-LP60 player
Polk Audio TSi100 speakers

View attachment 476483 View attachment 476485
Nice set up!

I never went back because I never left. I have a Pioneer very similar to Mister Bisley's. I believe, and I'm sure if I'm wrong I'll get corrected, just be gentle, that the analog play from a vinyl source generally sounds a bit better than digital. I think digital samples at a given rate, probably a higher rate the more bucks you spend, and then at the receiving end, amp, the dots are reconnected. What's in the gaps that are reconnected is what I think makes the analog sound better, nothing to reconnect. Or perhaps I'm just another old fart liking "the way it used to be".

I never went back because I never left. I have a Pioneer very similar to Mister Bisley's. I believe, and I'm sure if I'm wrong I'll get corrected, just be gentle, that the analog play from a vinyl source generally sounds a bit better than digital. I think digital samples at a given rate, probably a higher rate the more bucks you spend, and then at the receiving end, amp, the dots are reconnected. What's in the gaps that are reconnected is what I think makes the analog sound better, nothing to reconnect. Or perhaps I'm just another old fart liking "the way it used to be".
Rock n roll is better on wax

Slowly working my way back in although I never completely left. I still have my Sansui 9090DB, Sansui 9090 and my newer HK AVR 40 receivers and 6 pairs of speakers. At one time I had so much stereo equipment it filled up a 15 x 18 room with over 40 pairs of speakers, 33 reel to reel decks, 18 turntables, over 80 various receivers, amps, pre amps, tuners and a lot more. It was a hoarders complex that I finally broke but every time I see something I used to own I feel a twinge. Going to buy a turntable next.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top