JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was preparing to order a Filson Mile Marker coat, then noticed they are no longer made in the United States.

Anyone know of a domestic coat manufacturer? I am looking for more of a hybrid between an upland game coat and city coat as opposed to a strictly utilitarian hunting coat. I do not want any plastic or Velcro on the coat. I don't want modern nylon sporting styles for this particular purchase. The perfect coat would have a separate pocket for bacon-wrapped jalapeños, but God is clearly not handing out miracles this year.

Ball and Buck's design doesn't appeal to me.

Thank you for any leads.

Hard to beat a Barbour or one of many Aussies
I have a Barbour Bedale, Beaufort, as well as a knockoff from england.
Outback Deer Hunter,Pathfinder,Brumby and two ladies versions too

You can make one yourself by buying an unwaxed coat that you like and adding the wax/etc.

There is a youtube vid on how to do this by a guy that tried a number of different formulas and came up with what he considers the best.

Not American but not China either...at least, I think these are still made in Australia. Their quality used to be excellent but it's been several years since I've owned one. So you may want to do a little research on them, if you like them. :)

Schaefer outfitters. Made in TX now and several different waxed vests and coats.
This company looks like quite the find, thank you for the lead. American made waxed cotton jackets for $225, minus 10% if you sign up for their email list. I emailed them to confirm that their adjustable cuffs are not velcro. The photos suggest snaps which would be great.
And unlike the twice-as-expensive Barbour the collar is leather instead of corduroy.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top