Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Speed Steel in Puyallup

Discussion in 'Competitive Shooting' started by Hotwheelz, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Hotwheelz

Hotwheelz Pierce County Member

I run a speed steel match the 3rd sunday of every month at Pual Bunyan in Puyallup.

Cost $5.00 per gun
    Who- anyone that can safley operate a pistol, or pistol caliber carbine childern are welcome with adult supervision { dont drop off your kids come shoot with them }
    Classifcations:
    Stock- any stock pistol/ revolver without optics or comps.
    Carry- any pistol/ revolver with a barrell lenght under 4.25" without
    optics or comps.
    Revolver- any revolver without optics or comps.
    Open- all .22 or guns with optics or comps.
    Draw- any pistol/ revolver without optics any style holster as long as its
    safe
    Carbine- any pistol caliber carbine if you have .44mag carbine or .45 long colt no full pull loads I dont want to ruin the clubs steel plates....

This a fun match we dont take it to serious except the safety aspect. This is as much a social gathering as a shooting match we have some great local shooters that you can test your skills with or a few uf us that are just here for the rest to laugh at. Hope to see some of you out there.

2. berettamod96

berettamod96 Member

hmm sounds like a steel challenge/ take five hybrid.

3. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I wish I lived closer :(

4. Habu

Habu USA New Member

Interesting. Do you have to be a member? I though Paul Bunyan was members only.

5. Hotwheelz

All matches at Paul Bubyan are open to the public.

6. ch139

ch139 teh gehtoe Active Member

There's similar Speed Steel matches offered at Tri-County outside Sherwood, the ARPC just south of Albany and also at Douglas Ridge I believe.

I've been shooting it at the ARPC for a few years now; tons-o-fun and an easy way to get into competitive shooting.

7. Hotwheelz

This sunday is the match maybe some of you can come out...

8. RICKGO1

RICKGO1 SPANAWAY WA Member

I was at the steel match,what great fun.350 rounds later,and a big smile on my face, and then they go out to lunch, great day by all:)

9. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

I'll drag Joey and Jenny out there one day.

10. ch139

ch139 teh gehtoe Active Member

We have Steel in albany at the ARPC on Sunday.

11. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

We have the gun show Sunday :(

12. Boris Bush

Boris Bush Tacoma Member

Hey all!

I was out there shooting my buddies FS2000 today and alot of members came over to talk to us while we were on the rifle range. Nice bunch of guys!! When I lived in MI everyone was a jacka$$, even member to member. I hate the east coast attitude everyone has back there. Anyway if I can get the time away from the family I will be out there!! Dec 21.

I have never done speed steel, sounds fun. Who here will be there? Hope I can get out......

13. Hotwheelz

Ill be there it will be a fun match, I plan on setting a fast match cause its goona be cold but Im have my heater and Im sure alot of the other guys will to. Bring 2 guns if you want most of us shoot 2-3 guns about 200rnds a gun

14. ZeroRing

ZeroRing 26th District, WA Active Member

I may have to see about making the trip over. :D

15. Hotwheelz

Isnt the 26th distric over by Purdy , Gig harbor ? If so do you ever make it to Gig harbor sportsmans for there tues. night plate match ?? I make it a few times a year we all used to shoot down at Bullseye indoor range on wens. nights plate match but they started getting overpriced so now some of the guys started one over there and it hard to make week after week for me.

16. ZeroRing

Yup. I'm out on the north end of the Key Peninsula out towards Vaughn. I've been to the Gig Harbor Sportsmans club once or twice just to check them out but never got too excited about the place. But that was SEVERAL years ago so I am probably due to give them another look-see.

I've been to Bullseye a few times as well but the only real draw to that place was that it was just a few blocks from the office.

Fact of the matter is... I don't get out shooting NEARLY enough!!!

17. Hotwheelz

We need to cure this not shooting enough :thumbup::thumbup:

The plate match at gig harbor is open to the public there are alot of good guys there its a heads up match. They have 2 plate racks with 5 plates on each lane six rounds per mag so that its fair if your running a wheel gun first person to knock all his down wins. If you get a chance might be fun for you to check it out. Once I get back on the day shift I think Ill be over there 2-3 times a month good practice.

18. ZeroRing

Ain't THAT the truth! :D

19. Boris Bush

Boris Bush Tacoma Member

Due to the weather guys I will not be able to make it :bawling:

20. RICKGO1

RICKGO1 SPANAWAY WA Member

the match has been canceled do to the weather.

NO MATCH!!!!!!!

NO MATCH!!!!!!