JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Posting this for the benefit of others obtaining a Washington Concealed Pistol License in the Tacoma area.

On 2/9/15, around 10:30am, I arrived at South Sound 911 in Tacoma to apply for my WA CPL. The lobby was about 75% full. There were 2 windows open and by 11am the 1st window closed, presumably for a lunch break. It remained close for an hour, during which there was only one window open for business.

By 12:15 (yes, an hour and 45 minute wait) my number was called and the process was very quick, about 5 minutes to hand over the completed application, driver license, and personal check. About 15 minutes later I was called for fingerprinting which took no more than 10 minutes. It was 12:45 when I finally walked out the door.

Total time for application: 2 hours and 15 minutes

Application submitted on 2/9/15, the check was cashed on 2/11/15 and the permit arrived on 3/18/2015.

Total time for permit issuance: 37 days

Well they broke the law. They're required to issue within 30 days. I'd write a complaint to their superiors.
Pacific Pd took longer with my renewal. When I called to ask why, they hung up on me.
So I sent off a couple of emails. Wouldn't you know it but two days later there was a hand addressed envelope with not only my cpl but my wife's new cpl too. My wife had applied for her renewal less than a week before I sent the emails.
Apparently one of the guys I emailed got on the police chief's real quick.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews