JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Posting this for the benefit of others obtaining a Washington Concealed Pistol License in the Tacoma area.

On 2/9/15, around 10:30am, I arrived at South Sound 911 in Tacoma to apply for my WA CPL. The lobby was about 75% full. There were 2 windows open and by 11am the 1st window closed, presumably for a lunch break. It remained close for an hour, during which there was only one window open for business.

By 12:15 (yes, an hour and 45 minute wait) my number was called and the process was very quick, about 5 minutes to hand over the completed application, driver license, and personal check. About 15 minutes later I was called for fingerprinting which took no more than 10 minutes. It was 12:45 when I finally walked out the door.

Total time for application: 2 hours and 15 minutes

Application submitted on 2/9/15, the check was cashed on 2/11/15 and the permit arrived on 3/18/2015.

Total time for permit issuance: 37 days

Well they broke the law. They're required to issue within 30 days. I'd write a complaint to their superiors.
Pacific Pd took longer with my renewal. When I called to ask why, they hung up on me.
So I sent off a couple of emails. Wouldn't you know it but two days later there was a hand addressed envelope with not only my cpl but my wife's new cpl too. My wife had applied for her renewal less than a week before I sent the emails.
Apparently one of the guys I emailed got on the police chief's real quick.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top