JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If someone knows a cheap local place in Portland to get larger unscented candles in bulk can you please send me a PM. I am not having any luck finding a source. Thanks

Go to walmart right after christmas, on clearance pretty cheap, thats what I did. Burn time was about 30 hrs total. they are about 8 to 10 tall by about 3 dia.

I know you are looking large, but you buy the small 4-5 hr ones at Walgreens @ 5 for $2.00, they come in a box of 12 I have 20 boxes of these put away. I buy two boxes at a time plus = 25 ^5 = $10.00 I put the extra ones aside to regular use. They about 2 inches tall Short and fat.

Dollar has the 6 hr (actually last about 5 hrs) survival candles @ 5 for $1.00 they are about 6inches tall and skinny.

Garage Sales my mom will hit these all mobile home park type sales and end up with a shopping bag of candles she has bought for a buck or less apiece and most are as big as a pint bottle.

Thanks for all the responses. I was wanting a few cases I could put away with all my perparedness supplies. Large enough to do so light heating of food and light of course.

I buy large bags of the small unscented candles designed to food warm. They give OK light, too. They don't last as long as other candles, but they have the metal cups to retain the wax as its melting. 6 bucks or so for 100 when on sale at Fred Meyer or BiMart. I keep 4 or 5 bags in my emergency supplies, one of them in a med kit.

You probably don't want "large" candles, well, if they fall over easily at any rate. I stay away from them. One of the biggest causes of death after earthquakes is fires caused by candles falling over (especially from aftershocks).

5 cent votives at Big Lots, just picked up a 100 for $5! They have a gross for like 3.9cents per, but a little shorter burn time.

Look for sales. I got a big bag of 50 unsented tealight candles for $10 at walmart. And Freddy's has sales for their Sterno Emergency 55hr candles for 2/$5 fairly often, I know they arent in bulk, but thats a pretty good deal....

I purchased some 10 hour Votive candles from Quick candles a couple of months ago advised here, I tried they did not burn as I thought I called and they reminded you need to use a 2" inch or less candle holder for them I order a bunch, they burn 10 hours easily, I ordered a bunch more today.

Heres a 10% off code I got from them by email.

Quick candles has a 10% off between now and Dec. 18 2011

Discount code is LUMTEN

""We appreciate your business and wish you a Merry Christmas. All orders ship QUICK!

Place your order by December 17th for delivery before Christmas.

This email was sent from:

Quick Candles
106 Prosperity Blvd.
Piedmont, SC 29673
1-800-928-6175""

You can make your own. Just pour it in any extra mason jars, or spaghetti or even baby food jars. Lots of tips on-line for making your own. We did it awhile back and it was cheaper than buying them already made

You can make your own. Just pour it in any extra mason jars, or spaghetti or even baby food jars. Lots of tips on-line for making your own. We did it awhile back and it was cheaper than buying them already made

I agree, I would also go with 100% pure beeswax, the "off gases" are less of a problem than parrafin which is a petroluem distillate.

I like to take old candle stubs found at yard sales, questing through craigslist, and asking friends to donate them. Mix it with some bulk bees' wax for lower heat and evaporation. Add your fresh wicks and done. Finding unscented candles is the hard part.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top