JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's probably drifted so far because so many of us have never seen or heard of a Wounded Warrior parking spot! BTW wounded vets can, certainly, get a handicapped parking permit. I have one and tend to park farther away unless I am particularly having difficulty walking that day. Just seems fair to me.

Bless our wounded vets!

Last Edited:
As a disabled Veteran, people who abuse the Wounded Warrior parking and the Handicapped Parking are my pet peeve. I've been known to block violators in then call the cops. Pretty hefty fine for abusing those spots.

I would prefer this over the below.

Because I do care about our wounded vets and those that need handicapped places to park due to their disabilities RK. And yes Ironbar, it has drifted far and wide, thanks for the reality check.

So why yell at the person? Shouldn't you be campaigning in front of the Dr's offices that authorize those passes? You don't know squat about them or why they have it.

As a matter of fact, in THIS state (Oregon) you need a placard in obvious view or a handicapped licence plate to utilize the spot, not sure how it is in Washington though......

As a matter of fact, I was carrying a disabled person, who accidentally knocked my plackard off as he was getting out. It was On the Seat, in view, but NOT WHERE "they define" in view.

$235 ticket. I took ticket to Eugene court, with plackard, and had the TICKET cancelled, but guess what, NOT the Admin Fee for dismissing the ticket!

Is that a goof ball or what...

philip

I would prefer this over the below.

So why yell at the person? Shouldn't you be campaigning in front of the Dr's offices that authorize those passes? You don't know squat about them or why they have it.

It's not the ones that have it, its the slobs that don't have one and take the spot from those that do. I think you missed the point somewhere along the way.

Handicapped should mean wheel chair, cane, crutches, or some form of visible and obvious difficulty in mobility.

If you can shuffle then leave the spot open for someone that can't even do that.

Ohhh my back hurts - I need special treatment. FU.

"Blue Tag" parking spots are recognized by law enforcement/parking patrol. Tickets can be issued for suspected abuse.

I assume there are rules regarding how many spots shall be reserved, location, etc. So do the same regs apply when additional spots are designated by a merchant? Who knows? I don't.

Either way, it's a damn shame that some undeserving individuals (and to be fair, it's often impossible to tell who's who at a glance) simply refuse to show the slightest respect for anyone else regardless of how/why the signs were put there.

Last Edited:
As a disabled Veteran, people who abuse the Wounded Warrior parking and the Handicapped Parking are my pet peeve. I've been known to block violators in then call the cops. Pretty hefty fine for abusing those spots.
And charge them with what? Unless they are marked as disabled parking spots there is NO legal reason for blocking them OR calling the police. If you do that then YOU can be cited for obstructing the person parked.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

As a matter of fact, I was carrying a disabled person, who accidentally knocked my plackard off as he was getting out. It was On the Seat, in view, but NOT WHERE "they define" in view.

$235 ticket. I took ticket to Eugene court, with plackard, and had the TICKET cancelled, but guess what, NOT the Admin Fee for dismissing the ticket!

Is that a goof ball or what...

philip
Here in WA the plackard MUST be hung from the rear view mirror, but we only issue a warning if it's not, although if it can be seen looking in a window then most of us won't even do that.

Deen
NRA Recruiter

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Handicapped should mean wheel chair, cane, crutches, or some form of visible and obvious difficulty in mobility.

If you can shuffle then leave the spot open for someone that can't even do that.

Ohhh my back hurts - I need special treatment. FU.
Sorry, that's NOT the way the laws are written and enforced. The only ones that need to know the reason for the plackard/license are the Dr. who signed the form and the person it's issued to. There is no need for it to be a visible thing.
The Dr. is putting his license on the line if he falsely signs the form.
In fact I'll bet most people don't know who and who can't apply for an exemption!
For instance, it's illegal for the plackards owner NOT to go into the store, the plackard is not a convenience for someone else to park just to save them steps.
Also, if they vehicle has handicapped license plates (my van does) then the owner of the vehicle is the one that must have the handicap. Several times I've seen HC license plates on a vehicle and the HC person was about 10. Problem with that is that it's illegal in WA for someone less than 16 to own a vehicle. Someone at the license dept. screwed that one up.
I have MS, but if you saw my wife walk you'd think the permit was for her. Right now she doesn't have a permit even though she could get one, but why? She's prohibited from driving so I drive her everywhere and we use mine.

Deen
NRA Recruiter

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads