JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To a degree, yes, the 30 round mags interfere.

They also stick down too far IMO. The problem as I understand it is that for the 762x39 round, the curved mags are necessary for the mag to function properly with that cartridge.

That is why I recommend 20 round mags with AK bullpups.

The other thing about almost any bullpup that has a mag off the bottom (almost all of them except something like a P90) is that a drum mag simply doesn't work; the mag sticks out so far to the side that you have to contort your arm around it to get to the pistol grip and trigger.

In 5.45, the new Magpul 40 rounder will handle that. They run great. Feed lips don't bend either, and while it is possible to break them, you have to work at it. Now, I don't spend a lot of time rolling around in the mud, sand and dirt with my rifle, so others may not be as thrilled with them as I am.

shot show report

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/01/21/shot-show-2015-desert-tech-booth/

P1370705-371x660.jpg

Just have a hard time believing it will be around, or under $2000 when their other bolt guns start at $3500. If so awesome!
Still think the Hydra is a better value. Shoots 6 calibers for about $3000.

If one could develop more & better 20rnd mags for the 7.62x39 it could be comfortably used in a bullpup design. The 30's have all been too cumbersome.

Not willing to use 7.62x39 GI type mags.. Just too expensive, and nearly non existant online for purchase when I was hunting for them.

Yeah, most plastic mags don't get bent up as easily as metal mags, especially aluminum metal mags which are often considered to be a single use mag.

I don't think most realize if you leave an aluminum mag loaded the spring pressure bends the mag lips out. People are lucky if they work the first time if they have been left loaded.o_O

That would make a nice thick woods gun. I'm sure 243 and Creedmoor barrels will be along. Wish they could get the LOP down under 14" though. This looks like my buds AUG with it's 15" LOP, completely unnecessary and it set a pattern that other manufacturers need to break out of.

I have this thing about all my hunting rifles having similar weights, the same LOPs, trigger pull weights, safety positions and mounted with the same scopes. Every shot is practice no matter if it's from the 223, 260 or 300WSM. I'd have to give up ergos and balance for the short length, yeah I'd still do it though.;)

Kel-Tecs RDB gets my attention too but it also has a long LOP because of the long stroke piston and stupid downward eject. It is light though.

I really wish someone would make a light bullpup with normal ergos. I own two and have shot other brands and they were all designed for gorilla length arms, I have to push them forward before shouldering and it makes a rearward balanced rifle handle even worse with the strong hand positioned so far forward.

It's good to see em getting better though. Some day, nirvana..

Somewhat vertically challenged, short armed Bigfoot,

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads