JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
... indeed, beauty is behind those rose colored glasses of the beholder ... at least these are designed by those who are not uninspired or depressed.

While I stay with the Steyr AUG, I have been tempted by Tavor, P-90 (10.4" barrel) and KelTec RFB-C

The MDR-C (with a Wylde chamber please?) .223/5.56 and 10.5" barrel, I think, would be functional for me as a PDW.

But first I have to own one, to use/abuse.

When it's in the hands, sometimes, just sometimes, the reality of looks may over rule the function ... some things look great in a picture, but when seen not so much.

"... a nightmare dressed as a daydream .."

There is an observation I have made over the years; whether you are driving a car, riding a motorcycle, or shooting a rifle, you are generally in a position where you are not able to look at the external cosmetic "beauty" of the car, motorcycle or rifle - you are using it as it was designed, and from that perspective the "beauty" of the thing you are using comes from how well it functions in the context.

Beauty IS as beauty DOES, I tell my S&W 638. :)

cart.php?target=image&action=product_thumbnail&id=61356.jpg

I watched the video from MAC and their prototype was still using the Tavor type mag release. I wonder if they are having trouble getting the AR style mag release to work?

I really hope they get that figured out!

I don't know who the "Kingston clan" is or why that would be bad, but googling seems to indicate that at least two people with the last name of Kingston work there.

<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>
http://user.xmission.com/~plporter/lds/kingston.htm

Please remember that I'm saying "IF" and not making an accusation. There was a reference to them in the comments after one of the stories. And don't confuse them with LDS - completely different folks from what I'm told. I'm hoping they're not the same folks because it looks like a neat platform and I'd like to try one out sometime.

Dagum. That 10.5" barrel variant is super compact.

So, interchangable cartiridges... how are they handling the different mag sizes and shapes?

Going from 5.56 and 7.62 NATO STANAGS to 7.62x39 (hopefully mil-spec Commie mags)... how are they pulling this off?

A modern 7.62x39 bullpup might be pretty interesting...

Mag well without inserts for 762x51 using SR25 mags IIRC

Mag well with insert for 5.56 using AR mags

For 762x39 they will probably use an AR mag of some sort like many 762x39 ARs do - remains to be seen, haven't heard the details on how that will work.

I am not a fan of the AR mags, but it is what it is.

Not a fan of 762x39 AR mags either, but what else can one do since the AK mags need to be rotated in?
AK mags are very robust - the lips, the heart of any magazine, almost look like they have been machined out of billet, but they aren't.

On an AR mag and many others, the lips are fragile and easily bent, which often causes feeding problems.

The problem with AK mags is, as you mentioned, the ergos. That said, I prefer a robust mag that works, even if it takes longer to insert properly.

The problem with AK mags in the bullpup is the interference with the pistol grip as far as I can tell.
To a degree, yes, the 30 round mags interfere.

They also stick down too far IMO. The problem as I understand it is that for the 762x39 round, the curved mags are necessary for the mag to function properly with that cartridge.

That is why I recommend 20 round mags with AK bullpups.

The other thing about almost any bullpup that has a mag off the bottom (almost all of them except something like a P90) is that a drum mag simply doesn't work; the mag sticks out so far to the side that you have to contort your arm around it to get to the pistol grip and trigger.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top