JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One thing I always find bizarre about "Ya don't need'a 30-round clip for home defense" is how stunningly myopic it is. Not everyone lives in an area in which the police are going to show quickly or even at all. It would be a god damn miracle if they showed up under an hour where we are; not to any issue with the LEOs, it is just the fact of this locale.

Where we are, for example, a very really scenario would be multiple methed up attackers hitting the homestead with only momma bear and two cub home. Would I want the Mrs to have an AR with 10 or 30 rounds on tap? No brainer. But, hey, I'm sure some jackass in an overpriced suit in the capitol knows better.

What is an Assault Rifle? Where can I get one?

You must take a class, waive your hippa rights, wait 10? Days and pay the sin tax but theres your full semi automatic assault rifle.:D

Would you protect someone you know were anti gun?

Have you ever saved a human life? Like with your own two hands?

I have. And in that moment their politics, religious beliefs, skin color or anything else meant exactly NOTHING to me.

I would protect ANYONE I possibly could.

I would sell them whatever I could spare at exorbitantly high prices (basically everything they have), provided of course the transfer was done legally and they could pass required background checks, payment in advance, no refunds.:s0140:

One thing I always find bizarre about "Ya don't need'a 30-round clip for home defense" is how stunningly myopic it is. Not everyone lives in an area in which the police are going to show quickly or even at all. It would be a god damn miracle if they showed up under an hour where we are; not to any issue with the LEOs, it is just the fact of this locale.

Where we are, for example, a very really scenario would be multiple methed up attackers hitting the homestead with only momma bear and two cub home. Would I want the Mrs to have an AR with 10 or 30 rounds on tap? No brainer. But, hey, I'm sure some jackass in an overpriced suit in the capitol knows better.

Exactly this!!! some of the guys here know where I live and it isn't remote by all means but the response time is 30 min on a good day!!

The reason i put this post up is because I was at a friends house, we were talking guns, i wish I owned as many as he does, anyway his neighbor 1/2 mile away hates guns, hates to hear him shooting, anti gun as hell. I asked my friend if he would protect them if that's what it came to. Well I cannot put his words in here but pretty close to what i was thinking. Sometimes turn the other cheek just wont cut it

The reason i put this post up is because I was at a friends house, we were talking guns, i wish I owned as many as he does, anyway his neighbor 1/2 mile away hates guns, hates to hear him shooting, anti gun as hell. I asked my friend if he would protect them if that's what it came to. Well I cannot put his words in here but pretty close to what i was thinking. Sometimes turn the other cheek just wont cut it

Shoot first, ask questions later...

I would only do what was necessary to protect my family. He can live out his days in a ditch as long as he leave me and mine alone!!

'Remote' is relative. So is 'Need'.

I happened to go out shooting yesterday. I learned that in December, I need to be done before mid-afternoon, because when the sun slips below the horizon my targets get sunlight and I get wind chill.

'Remote', in this case, was less than 5 miles from my house as the crow flies. But it took me two days to find it, WITH GPS and permission from the landowner. Even if I had consistent cell service there, I may as well be in Bend for as long as it would take to find me.

Regarding 'Need' - Like I said, we had some significant wind chill which I had not planned on. I did a short set of drills. The one that is relevant in this thread is my Left Hand Drill. The purpose of the left handed drill is to be prepared to use my non-dominant hand for any number of reasons that may require not using my right hand.

I am not as accurate with my left hand, so at 6-7 yards side-stepping to my left, out of a full magazine I put 3 rounds inside my 1" painted red bullseye. To be honest, I don't know if those were the first three, the last three, or more likely, my 3 best out of 15.

Back to the OP, how many rounds does the Constitution say I can have?

I'm an ex-soldier which means I will always be a Vet so for me I already agreed to defend America and Americans regardless of viewpoint, political bent or feelings about firearms so yes I would and some of those people would be anti-gun family members. Lead and teach by example not by emotional reactions.

1. Belt fed. Ok having visions of my vulcan in the army. 3000 rounds a minute of 20mm?that would be handy. Them gophers wouldn't stand a chance

I'm not really worried about this continual influx of all of these SHTF scenarios.
..............and for one reason..........you evidently missed the weather forecast this week.

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads