JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm an ex-soldier which means I will always be a Vet so for me I already agreed to defend America and Americans regardless of viewpoint, political bent or feelings about firearms so yes I would and some of those people would be anti-gun family members. Lead and teach by example not by emotional reactions.

I nominate this Post Of The Year.

Thank you, Sir!

I think if things are bad enough that I need be shooting at someone. To protect somebody else in trouble?
And that person in trouble hates guns??

Ya. That somebody in trouble [Liberal or not] will most likely become a quick convert. And stay that way long onto the future.

I think if things are bad enough that I need be shooting at someone. To protect somebody else in trouble?
And that person in trouble hates guns??

Ya. That somebody in trouble [Liberal or not] will most likely become a quick convert. And stay that way long onto the future.

Oh way to put logic to the subject!!:p:D

Short answer : Maybe.
It would depend on many things...Chief among them being can I do so , with a good chance of coming out alive and unhurt myself.
Other tactical considerations will also be in place...Its survival , not Mr.Rogers Neighborhood.

I served in the Army with four combat tours...
Some of that time was in defense of people I really had no huge reason to like ,other than , they wore the same uniform as me...Other folks I served with I willingly would have taken a bullet for.
I did my job at those times , very well...even earned some medals , and not just the Theater Awards...
I still remember and practice some of those skills

With that said...
I am no longer in the Army and I can pick and choose my fights now...If SHTF...Family and trusted friends come first.

To be blunt here...
Shooting at someone , let alone killing someone...is a very intimate act.
Far more intimate , than even love making.
In love making , you can give the promise of life...In Combat , killing gives both the promise of life and death , that is intimate.
You are taking away everything that a man is and has...leaving nothing but the memory of him.
It is not a subject to take lightly or one that means the same to everyone.
If you have never done it...you can;t really fathom the experience...Once you have , you can never be the same.
Andy

pay the sin tax

Sin taxes suck. I have to pay that on cigars, booze, and even a machine-gun. What's on tap next, a tax to get your freak on? (Since it is registered, there is the NFA tax version of freakiness, I suppose; marriage license. :s0112:)

If they still didn't convert, they'd have to be the dumbest people alive, and I'd have felt like I did natural selection a disservice.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top