JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not too long ago someone sarted a thread about Idaho and how good it was. If family wasn't an issue and you were willing to earn less or work outside
your field, where would you live besides Oregon?
Why, People, home prices, gun laws weather etc.?

Idaho and Utah are places I've been researching. The wife wants to stay put!

Wife spent a good chuck of her childhood and teens in rural Alaska. We've talked quite a bit about moving back up there, but I don't know if we ever will. Just looking for more freedom and less people/government.

Not too long ago someone sarted a thread about Idaho and how good it was. If family wasn't an issue and you were willing to earn less or work outside
your field, where would you live besides Oregon?
Why, People, home prices, gun laws weather etc.?

Idaho and Utah are places I've been researching. The wife wants to stay put!

We've looked around recently as our home just sold both in ID, UT, TX. Problem with both ID, and UT are the wages, very low. Also healthcare costs or coverage not nearly as good. Utah depending on where (SLC area) has the worst air quality in the nation some days. Plus the limit wood stove burning, same with ID (in some areas). TX is just to damn flat, the value for the homes is very attractive. I used Google maps to roam around the streets and you can see 20 miles in each direction (McKinney area). Bestplaces.net is a great place to compare cities.

Our conclusion was to stay put, unless drastic things happen here.

I'm starting to miss some aspects of central FL even though 6 years ago I couldnt wait to get away. Now I've got young kids to consider, schools culture......

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top