JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I started planning my escape 7 years ago. Visited a few states. Alaska, Nevada and Texas are out.

Florida and Tennessee are still in. On paper TN meets all my criteria though I like Florida weather better. Dating prospects are better too.

Looking for low property taxes, no income tax, reasonable housing prices, good gun laws and good weather.

Nevada was turning blue by the time I went to move. Alaska had too many issues, jobs, shipping, etc.

I would have moved already if not for the fact I own a bunch of rentals here and they are difficult to manage from afar.

Florida is a slight concern due to high insurance costs not only because of hurricanes but personal injury attorneys. They are also not very gun friendly, no open carry and a looooong list of disqualifiers for ccw. I got my permit for there just in case though.

Anyone else planning to move, why and why not and between TN and FL which would you move to?

Texas is ok but I worry about the invasion going on there and practically living in the third world eventually.

TN is looking good to me as well. Been looking at Idaho last couple of years but cost of property has gone nuts. Plus sound like Boise is turning purple. Not hard to envision that great state being run down just like OR, trashed by the idiots in the valley. At last check, more people moving to Idaho than any other state, and that will have negative effects including traffic congestion and long lines for everything from eateries to Dr. Appointments. For me personally, less population is a big want. Lady wants to go there or Montana, which has its own plus/minus. The good news? Almost anywhere besides the left coast would be an improvement.

I was just thinking about leaving Oregon for Washington because of the no income tax on retirement.

Already have properties in Florida but every time we go back to visit we can't stay long, it's too hot.

Need to find a happy medium.

Between Florida and Tennessee, I'd choose Florida. Especially if near the ocean. That ocean breeze makes all the difference.

I was just thinking about leaving Oregon for Washington because of the no income tax on retirement.

Already have properties in Florida but every time we go back to visit we can't stay long, it's too hot.

Need to find a happy medium.

Between Florida and Tennessee, I'd choose Florida. Especially if near the ocean. That ocean breeze makes all the difference.
It's a battleground state though and the gun laws are not great. No open carry, ccw without permit is a felony, I have a permit but they have a loooooong list of disqualifiers.

TN is looking good to me as well. Been looking at Idaho last couple of years but cost of property has gone nuts. Plus sound like Boise is turning purple. Not hard to envision that great state being run down just like OR, trashed by the idiots in the valley. At last check, more people moving to Idaho than any other state, and that will have negative effects including traffic congestion and long lines for everything from eateries to Dr. Appointments. For me personally, less population is a big want. Lady wants to go there or Montana, which has its own plus/minus. The good news? Almost anywhere besides the left coast would be an improvement.
Why do YOU like TN?

It's a battleground state though and the gun laws are not great. No open carry, ccw without permit is a felony, I have a permit but they have a loooooong list of disqualifiers.
Washington is an open carry state. No permit needed. Permit only needed for concealed carry.

I would leave WA yesterday but wife won"t sign on.
Would like a 2nd home in AZ though to at least get out of our Shizz azz winters.
We need another housing crash.

I am having a lot of thoughts about leaving. Not exactly sure where I would go. Somewhere without a state income tax, and less angrytards.

Why do YOU like TN?
Have relatives that have lived there for 40 or 50 years and are very happy. Politics, mostly with gun laws; permit crap repealed last year, TN is now constitutional carry. 10-22 is not an assault rifle. I can buy a mag with more than 10 rounds, etc and etc,....a lot of us do a lot of griping, but I consider many of the so-called elected leaders of the left coast states actual enemies. Better tax situation in TN. Culture; rampant hardcore drug abuse, sprawling homeless camps used as tools, rampant crime, over the top reverse racism, putting handcuffs on law enforcement of all things.. is not the predominant culture of TN. No Marxist douchebag running for mayor, wearing a dress with pictures of actual genocidal Marxists on it and actually getting some traction. TN still seems to value education enough that they have not remove the 3 r's.
There are some cons as well- weather; much prefer that of the PNW, and the outdoors aspect, but then I realize that, anymore, I am routinely locked out of the outdoors in the PNW because of forest fires, tree farm politics, or some endangered slug. That's a few of the big reasons in a nutshell. In all honesty, I still want to go to Idaho, and have about 2 more years to investigate and follow the trends. I have looked at property over in Idaho for a few years now, but the trends are what worry me.
This is a fun site to glean info from, concerning population and trends..

We moved from Washington to South Dakota a year ago this month. After a year here, best decision I've ever made. Absolutely love it here.

They passed constitutional carry couple years ago. Gas prices reasonable, paid $3.35 at Costco this morning. No income tax. Current governor ain't too bad on the eyes either. Schools never closed, never had a mask mandate for kids. Schools even have higher expectations from the kids than Washington did which we never really noticed until getting here. And pride in country. I don't think I've ever been anywhere with so many American flags flying. Businesses and residents.

But it's cold in the winter and windy. Past week has mostly been 15-35 mph sustained winds until today according to my backyard weather station. That's not all year though.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top