JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For us to finally get some rain? It's been an impossibly dry 3 months. I'm very pleased for the dust to settle on the gravel roads, hopefully won't need to wash the truck after a week anymore. I wont be counting the chickens before they hatch. We shall see.

For us to finally get some rain? It's been an impossibly dry 3 months. I'm very pleased for the dust to settle on the gravel roads, hopefully won't need to wash the truck after a week anymore. I wont be counting the chickens before they hatch. We shall see.
I could have waited. I am headed to the coast this weekend and 2 to 4 inches doesn't sound like a fun time.

I'm ready for it, we certainly need it, just not so much so fast! Went to the coast to get out of the valley and all the smoke, it sure was nice, and mid week, there wasn't crazy at every turn out, over look, or beach, in fact, we stopped at a little out of the way beach no one seems to know about and had the whole stretch to ourselves! That said, when we got home and got the doggies in, noticed the house smelled really strong of wild fire smoke, I guess we had become nose blind to it!

Hoping for a good thunder storm Saturday, we always get a really good one this time of year, as long as it dosnt kick off more fires! We need a good dump of rain to put out the ones we still have!

Make it rain, woot! I'm totally ready for it. Perform lawn leveling and overseeded with perennial ryegrass over a week ago and have been watering constantly. I now have a lot of young grass and can use the help with keep the lawn watered.

The rain is also useful in keeping the solar panels clean. I can really use a heavy rain storm to clean off my solar panels.

After this rain I'm going to fire up the pressure washer and clean the driveway.

There's usually a lot of wrecks with the first day of rain.. it puts all the accumulated car slung road oil into solution.
I just moved to Portland for work and I gotta say I'm happy I can take a train to work. I was so tired of my 45-1.5 hr commute depending on traffic to work everyday.

Edit: each way for commute

I just moved to Portland for work and I gotta say I'm happy I can take a train to work. I was so tired of my 45-1.5 hr commute depending on traffic to work everyday.

Edit: each way for commute
Yep, commuting sucks, especially if there's expensive parking fees to boot. I used the bus to do the PSU gig for a couple years.

Yep, commuting sucks, especially if there's expensive parking fees to boot. I used the bus to do the PSU gig for a couple years.
After a ten hour day any commute just drains me. Now I can listen to a podcast or read. I'm not as cranky when I get home. No stress of dealing with bubblegum drivers.

I'm from TX it's gonna be interesting adapting to cloudy raining weather most the year.
If the gloom really gets to you, try one of those lights for seasonal affective disorder.

Lots of info on them, and here is just some:

If the gloom really gets to you, try one of those lights for seasonal affective disorder.

Lots of info on them, and here is just some:

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have to see how I feel. So far feels like home with today's weather! But I do feel the lack of sun will be rough. My dark Mexican tan will probably lighten up this year!

It always makes me laugh when we get a big rain downpour out here. Everyone runs to the doors and windows and watches like it's the first time they ever seen rain. Snow storms seams to be the same way. Everyone must have short memories.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews