JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yep - and because of the failure of some of these 'marginalized' humans to accept the guilt they may have over their chosen lifestyles they are now using 114 as another way to force more acceptance of their 'lifestyles' into potential rulings and laws, adding to the minority rights they have been fighting for.

What 'fears' is she specifically referring to?

Well, how I read this is a fear of increased persecution and prejudice toward those in the LBGT community and SHE and her friends see guns as a potential defense to their lifestyles because they obviously fear what they see as continual oppression aimed at them, so now they are taking up arms thinking they can force acceptance of them.

This is not about them protecting themselves against crime or other threats but as a forced threat against conservatives, or any others who might be opposed to them and their 'lifestyles'.

They are in a way representing themselves as a 'subculture' that demands their own rights and laws - and believe they they can enforce them with deadly force.
Now THAT ^^can make a persons head spin! Twist the brain?

Increased persecution of the lgbtq etc communty? I really think most people don't give a rats but about that anymore? And we'd all like that community to STFU already.

Oh I agree, but 'they' are doing their best to force everyone to give a ratz azz so they can force their agenda and therefore instigate greater (hopeful) rights and minority recognition.
Sounds like a cultural war politics discussion rather than content about 2A rights and legal issues.

Sounds like a cultural war politics discussion rather than content about 2A rights and legal issues.
And than there is this . . .

#

2. Religious and non-firearm political content is prohibited

We are a single-issue organization, focused solely on bringing people together in support of the 2nd Amendment. Religious and political content is inherently divisive, hurting our cause far more than it could ever help it. This includes news-related content that our staff believes may cause division.

Were you like this when you were growing up? Any time kids on the playground you thought were breaking rules you were sure to correct them? Where I grew up that could get your forehead punched. Well except in 6th grade. We got the chance to wear the cool white strap thing with a badge that made us a crossing guard.

Were you like this when you were growing up? Any time kids on the playground you thought were breaking rules you were sure to correct them? Where I grew up that could get your forehead punched. Well except in 6th grade. We got the chance to wear the cool white strap thing with a badge that made us a crossing guard.
It's funny, people report me when I disagree with their overly broad and typically not-exactly-true statements on here for delving into the political. I've only been chastised by a mod once, and I was guilty as charged, but my POV seemed to be the only one "cleaned". FWIW if this is the school yard, I haven't said a thing to a teacher.

In my opinion the little discussion I was complaining about tends to be counterproductive to the forum's stated mission. Bagging on the reason some folks want access to firearms to defend themselves from perceived threats probably wouldn't make any allies, though those are the opinions the anti-gunners are more likely to consider than the fears of older conservative cis, straight men.The folks at issue are a tiny part of the population and yet they tend to be targeted for violence because OF WHO THEY ARE or how they choose to live their lives: a pretty darn good reason for needing access to self defense tools. Being targeted for existing is not a concern that ever crosses my mind while just minding my own business.

Bagging on the reason some folks want access to firearms to defend themselves from perceived threats
Which still falls within the parameters of "2A related"...

I just find it kinda ironic that people would complain about others standing against what they perceive as tyranny as they try to explain the 2A exists as a stopgap to tyranny.

Left , Right , Center....

Some folks from any of the above...vote and really don't take the time to understand what it is that they are voting for or against.

In any event...Speaking only for myself....

In the case of gun laws like 114....
If someone from a different political view than mine , comes the realization that the law is bad...
And wants to help get rid of said law...
Then I am all for it.
Andy

I went to Russellville grade school, 1954 - 62. It was a 1st thru 8th school and then I went to David Douglas HS, Fresh, soph, jr. sr.

The school district didn't start the junior high stuff until I was out in the world.
Small community school? Four room schoolhouse? :D
I was living in a fast growing semi rural town 12 miles South of Salt Lake city. Went to 1st grade in 1961.

IMO we are missing an opportunity by dismissing others based on stereotypes. We focus on the fear that Ms. Eliot has of based on her own stereotypes while we do the same about her.

We should be welcoming and working with anybody who opposes this legislation - "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" - to foster opposition.

Through cooperation we can also show that those stereotype based fears of violence she has about likely 90% of this forum are wrong. I'm frankly getting tired of all the misdirection that places people at odds with each other thus allowing others, like the powers behind LEVO, to take advantage advantage.

It's the age old "divide and conquer". Why the hell do we keep falling for it?

Small community school? Four room schoolhouse? :D
I was living in a fast growing semi rural town 12 miles South of Salt Lake city. Went to 1st grade in 1961.
No, Multnomah county 102nd and Stark. It is now an assisted living area and the area where the Grange hall used to be is now a major homeless/bum camp.

A side note: My mother also went to that school. It was the Russelville school district until David Douglas was built. Before that the students of the day could choose what high school they wanted to go to.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top