JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I feel your pain. When I was going to PCC a couple eons ago, I usually had to park off campus and walk (Cascade campus, smack dab in NoPo Ghet-ho) I got hit twice in a week before getting locking gas cap.

I also had diesel sucked out of the tow truck I used to drive, with the cab / fuel tanks parked mere feet from my bedroom window. Ballsy crook that one.

I bet it was a tweaker or one of the multitude of scab fleet RV dwellers. In either event, a solid beating would be a good fitting punishment. Too many people don't adhere to the principle of "if its not yours, don't touch"

I hadn't heard of people stealing gas out of cars since the gas crisis in the early 80s. That was when manufacturers started installing locking gas covers/doors on cars and autoparts stores started carrying locking gas caps.

Can't believe that sort of behavior is starting again...

I saw a LOT of this during the Odumbo days when gas went to $4 and over here. Between no jobs and the gas that high it became common here. One place I worked the guy had an old truck he was not using. When he went to use it he found they had knocked or drilled a hole in the tank to get the gas. Sure every meth heads car was running around on stolen gas. Amazon has locking caps cheap. The idea being hopefully they will move to the next easy target.

Be glad the great "catalytic converter" poaching-fest a couple years back isn't a thing right now! o_O

When that was going on it really ticked me that the state did not step in. There was only a few places to sell those. There is no way the scrap yard did not know what was going on when tweakers would roll in with a bunch of new ones cut off to sell. They should have started running stings and yanking the business license from those caught. Word would have gotten around and soon the tweakers would find they were worthless.

I've had to put locking gas caps on our vehicles for a very long time, largely, because of this kind of BS. And, for that matter, finding the results of other people's idiocy/criminality on our property is pretty standard. There is a reason why I just put up yet another game cam. :rolleyes:

Thirty years ago I worked at a machine shop, and one of the machinists kept getting the jerry can full of gas stolen out of the back of his truck.

He tried locking it up, but nothing helped.

So one day, he filled the can up with gas and added two bottles of Karo syrup. Guess what happened when it was stolen!

Both my SUV and my Pick up have a Screen deep enough in the filler neck of the Gas Tank that a crook couldn't get to it to pull it out without removing the filler neck from the tank that blocks a siphon hose. Yet I still have locking Gas Caps on both keeps someone from pouring anything in the gas tank that could cause damage.

Lol this has nothing to do with stealing gas but it's a funny story .
My friend at work his neighbor bought a new truck .so he tells my friend it get around 16 miles per gallon .and he has been watching it .
So my friend goes and buy's 5 gallons of gas .
And late at night he sneak over and puts it in his neighbor truck .then he does it again next week .then he asked his neighbor a few days later .how ho the new truck .lol The guy says very happy DID YOU KNOW IT GETS LIKE 25 MILES A GALLON.
so he stops putting gas in and asked him a few weeks later how's it GOING the neighbor says I have to take it in because after three weeks the gas mileage is down to 15 miles a gallon .
There must be something wrong it was 25 miles a gallon LOL HEHEHE HILARIOUS

Back when I still lived in BeaverTown, We got hit several times, my old truck had dual tanks with locking caps, they cut the line at the selector valve and pumped it bone dry, 50 gallons worth! Had the same thing happen to one of my firetrucks, 200 gallons of diesel, the azzholes took a screw driver to the bottom of both tanks and while spilling it all over the place, got off with all they could. Cant do much to stop them, if you catch one and toss a beatin, the cops will arrest you and let them walk with a warning and a wrist slap! I really hate society, every one thinks its a free fer all on the hard working folks, stealing what ever they can, and don't care what it cost!
Saw the aftermath of a good one, these meth heads tried to pull the copper wiring out of a building with out realizing it was still live, hooked a cable to a pickup and started yanking, all 4 of the perps got fried when the truck caught traction! Burned to a crisp! Then there was to meth heads stealing power poll transformers, that was some pay back when one would bet blown up! Its the little wins like that that make me smile sadly, its where we are today!

Sorry bro, hate to hear of some one getting ripped off, hopefully the perps get a little karma!

Gas is over $5 in places. Expect increases all summer.

I remember 20 plus years ago when there were fools that would hit the boat ramps, they had a van with a couple of 55 gallon drums in it and they wouldn't mess with the gas caps they would cut the rubber hose right where it goes into the gas tank underneath and use a pump to suck it dry.
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Our church's vans had this happen, several times. Worst was having to get the repair.

Gas is over $5 in places. Expect increases all summer.

Our church's vans had this happen, several times. Worst was having to get the repair.

When I was still towing, I had to move vans fir a church and the Salvation Army due to repeated fuel thefts by cutting the filler necks. The solution wound up being armored tanks, armored lines, armored fuel filler, antisiphon filters, and locking fuel caps.

When I was still towing, I had to move vans fir a church and the Salvation Army due to repeated fuel thefts by cutting the filler necks. The solution wound up being armored tanks, armored lines, armored fuel filler, antisiphon filters, and locking fuel caps.
The REAL SOLUTION IS A GUY WITH A MAG FULL OF 5.56 TRACER ROUNDS .
And some dope head going up in flames .
And a picture on the front page of the news paper and morning news cast on TV .
THAT'S THE REAL SOLUTION .
HELL THAT'S THE REAL SOLUTION TO A LOT OF OUR PROBLEMS NOW A DAYS .
lol

New York is 5 BUCKS a gallon lol but who cares it's new York lol lol just kidding this is a scam it happens every year at summer time but don't worry this year ITS ALL TRUMP'S FAULT .
LOL

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top