JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Really? I park my work truck on the street. Had a half tank when I parked it Friday. Just went out to run to the store and the needle doesn't even move and the light is on. Time for a locking gas cap I guess. Some peoples kids.....:rolleyes:

Luckily the gas station is maybe a mile from here. Wish me luck that I don't have to walk. I'm tossing a gas can in the bed, just in case. :mad::mad:

Ya, I had this happen one day at work. Apparently a bunch of cars were hit in the parking lot.

Not sure what they do with all of the gas, but they must of stole 100 plus gallons that day from 10-15 vehicles.

Ever since then, if the cap don't lock from the inside, it has a locking gas cap.

I kind of liked it as being from Nevada, it was the closest thing to pumping my own gas.

I hadn't heard of people stealing gas out of cars since the gas crisis in the early 80s. That was when manufacturers started installing locking gas covers/doors on cars and autoparts stores started carrying locking gas caps.

Can't believe that sort of behavior is starting again...

That sucks. Sorry to hear that. Why can't people be cool and maybe run around and adding a few gallons instead of taking it? That would suck less.

Well, I made it to the gas station and got her filled up and grabbed some beer while I was there. I met @SA Shooter while I was there. Small world!

I hadn't heard of people stealing gas out of cars since the gas crisis in the early 80s. That was when manufacturers started installing locking gas covers/doors on cars and autoparts stores started carrying locking gas caps.

Can't believe that sort of behavior is starting again...
Meth-head b*tches will steal anything they think can get 'em a buck...

Next time bring your own siphon dude. :D

That first gas shortage back in the early 70's was a real bit*h. A half inch 6 foot length of garden hose and a 2 gallon can was part of every dudes trunk or tool box.

The one in 79 was tight also, except I worked as a delivery driver for a fuel distributor and had my own tank at my folks farm. :)

Between the homeless garbage that fills the street needing gas for their mobile meth dens and the ghetto folks driving tahoes and suburbans they can't afford there's a lot of low life jag offs that are praying on people.

Both my vehicles have to be popped for gas inside the car. I thought it was supid at first, now I'm thankful.

Sorry buddy, hope the beer made things better

I remember 20 plus years ago when there were fools that would hit the boat ramps, they had a van with a couple of 55 gallon drums in it and they wouldn't mess with the gas caps they would cut the rubber hose right where it goes into the gas tank underneath and use a pump to suck it dry.
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Between the homeless garbage that fills the street needing gas for their mobile meth dens and the ghetto folks driving tahoes and suburbans they can't afford there's a lot of low life jag offs that are praying on people.

Both my vehicles have to be popped for gas inside the car. I thought it was supid at first, now I'm thankful.

Sorry buddy, hope the beer made things better
i know exactly what you mean. ive had a few hoodrat tahoes come thru the shop only to find out they just want their free recall and nothing else... mirrors broken, check eng. light on, brakes squeal... super hoodrat

Ihad some dirt bag suck gas out of my pickup so the night I took some .006" steel cable I use for flying control line model airplanes and ran a trip wire about 8" off the ground across the opening to my driveway then ran it to a dead fall connected to a dozen of them sting pull fireworks so they went off one at a time like a machine gun.

3 nights later I heard it go off. I got a really nice jerry can and hand pump siphon thingy I still use. And luckily the poop stayed in their pants as they went running hell bent for leather never to return.

Called the cops asked them if they wanted to print the can before I handled it. An officer came out and when he saw what I had done he couldn't stop laughing. I told him it seamed much more polite then shooting the dumbarse. He agreed but didn't bother with prints they were pretty sure they knew who it was just couldn't catch them in the act.

Wow, that sucks! I had no idea people still did that. I remember having locking gas caps back in the 80's, but haven't seen one since then. Hopefully this isn't becoming a common thing again.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top