Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

So when will the Official NWFirarms Shoot be?

Discussion in 'Events & Get Togethers' started by fromotoc, Sep 7, 2008.

1. fromotoc

fromotoc Downtown Portland, OR Member

When will it be? Summer is almost over, so we better set it up soon. And where? Joey, when and where. (I think a weekend would work best for most of the people on this board).

2. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Lets use this thread to discuss it. Just about any weekend works well for me, so I'll let you guys hash out a date. I think this should be separate from when Wichaka comes to do the training, as this should be more informal. Once we work out the details I'll make an official thread and sticky it. I'd shoot for the end of September so people have enough time to make arrangements. I suggest Memaloose, as if it's good enough for the machine gun guys it's probably where we'll wanna be as well ;)

3. sweetbeard

sweetbeard Beavertown OreGUN! New Member

:DI will throw out Saturday Sept 27th At memaloose. I have that Sat off

4. friskydingo

friskydingo Oregon, NorCal, and Panama. Yes. All three New Member

i might be in, isn't there some where closer then memaloose?

5. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Not sure. Suggestions?

6. friskydingo

hmm.... i cant think of any. i dont want to drive out to memaloose this saturday and then again next weekend tho...

7. Joe Link

There's a weekend in between those two, make your mom drive :laugh:

8. sweetbeard

:funnypoint:

Frisky-Dial-up needs a ride..

9. CharlesAFerg

CharlesAFerg Beaverton Active Member

I should check with Tillamook County, see if they've opened the quarry at Brown's Camp...

10. sweetbeard

Think that is still a no go... But not close enough to drive and check. Plus I heard there are alot of A-holes down there. Alot of people I know won't even shoot there any more.

11. friskydingo

if we did tillamook i could shoot half the day, then ride the rest at sand lake.....

12. Joe Link

Browns Camp and/or Tillamook aren't good options because of the idiots that shoot there and their western proximity. The reason I like Memaloose (though I've never been there) is because it's centrally located and it seems that if there are idiots shooting in one area we can move to another.

13. friskydingo

Where has Mark been shooting????? He has a nice picture in the "What do you drive thread?"

14. fromotoc

fromotoc Downtown Portland, OR Member

Memaloose works for me on the 27th. There is some camping by there, too (I am pretty sure), I might camp out the night before or that night. Is this BLM Land? I'll have some new toys by then, too.

15. CharlesAFerg

CharlesAFerg Beaverton Active Member

There is a spot off 26 up in the mountains, that location you merged with my thread. It's not that far away, you can drive up a road that joins Hwy6 & Hwy26 and you're practically there.

Regardless, I'll keep you informed on if I'll be there or not.

16. BooKilla

BooKilla Portland, OR Member

Here is a vote for Brown's Camp. I've been shooting there for years and if you don't like one spot because of the people, you can move to another spot. There are sooo many great scenic spots to shoot. Also, I'll be wheeling in the Cascade Cruisers meet on the 27th of September at TSF, so that work out great. I have a half dozen spots that are large enough to accommodate a group and I can give directions to easily from the highway.

17. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

Browns Camp is not open yet.

Memaloose is a great spot.

18. SgtKashim

SgtKashim Wilsonville, Oregon Member

I'm game for just about anything in the Memaloose pit. If anyone needs a ride from around the Wilsonville area, I can probably arrange that too.