JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Lost Technology of the butt-stroke. It went away with the retirement of the Springfield '03 and the Garand. Now we're just like Captain Kirk on the Enterprise, lacking seatbelts.

As stated previously, I'll bet Smith and Wesson has a decision-making person in the Customer Service Department with either a good sense of humor, or with at least the ability to recognize a great story. It'd be great PR for them to make you whole again. When you write them, be sure and list any other Smith guns you own or plan to own, how absolutely flawless they are, etc., etc., etc, ad nauseum, all the while recognizing your own responsibility for the fracture. You might also quote the number of participants there are on this website, and that all are waiting to hear how Smith handles this.

As for 'coons and .22's, A CCI Mini Mag Hollowpoint in the brain pan is always reliable (or at least has been for me in 40 plus years of runnin' hounds and trapping).

How'd yer dog fare on this scrap?

Please keep dogs away from them when at all possible. Dogs are no match.

My friend's 40lb healthy Pitbull was torn to shreds and dying within less than a minute when he caught one in their yard last year. So sad. The dog was awesome, not mean or uncontrollable. Just left out unattended in their fence yard for his evening pee.

Wrong breed of dog. Try one of these...

Sky_BoomerCropped.jpg

Please keep dogs away from them when at all possible. Dogs are no match.

My friend's 40lb healthy Pitbull was torn to shreds and dying within less than a minute when he caught one in their yard last year. So sad. The dog was awesome, not mean or uncontrollable. Just left out unattended in their fence yard for his evening pee.

Not enough dog! I watched my 135# Bull Mastif throw a coon half way across the yard! I grabbed her and the coon crawled off. Besides being tough and aggressive they are smart! They've realized that they can't handle her so they split! That's good for me, 'cause I sure as heck hate being confronted by them!

Not enough dog! I watched my 135# Bull Mastif throw a coon half way across the yard! I grabbed her and the coon crawled off. Besides being tough and aggressive they are smart! They've realized that they can't handle her so they split! That's good for me, 'cause I sure as heck hate being confronted by them!

Those dogs pictured above are blue tick coonhounds. The old man is a Cameron dog and weighs about 85 pounds. His daughter is about 4 months old in the picture. She's now bigger than him. The only place a coonhound really has a problem with raccoons is in the water. A coon can pretty easily drown nearly any dog in the water.

Our next door neighbor was feeding the little bastards for years. We have a live and let live policy at our house till you mess with my cat, one laid the cats chest open to the tune of over $400 in stitches. I went on a mission and killed every one that went through the yard for a while and it usually only took one mini mag or sometimes a finishing shot. When the other neighbor finally cleaned them out he shot 35 in a couple days. As long as they are messing with my wifes flowers I don't mind them, mess with the cat and die.

Last time I EVER use this weapon for anything but punchin paper. Had a raccoon living underneath the pump house. My dog has got into it with these critters before and last time he lost half his ear.

Grabbed the 22 as to not not piss off the neighbors too much. Layed in the mud stuck my head and barrell underneath the shed and plugged him about four times. Then the little bastard came charging my face like a spider monkey, I rolled out of the way and my dog grabbed it as it came running out. First reaction was to butt stroke that thing right in the head, bad idea. The lower receiver broke from the butt stock instantly where the rear retainer pin is.

So my long winded question is can I buy stripped lowers and from where?
Thanks

PS: ran inside grabbed my 40 cal, one shot merc'd it.
Dear S@W my rifle broke when attacked by a Racoon will you fix it under warranty.

My Coon gun. Light em up, see the red dot, take em out and the neighbors won't hear a thing. And a good knife in case I miss!

My coon hunting weapon is a Ruger MkIII with a Red Dot on it. You're right, just put the dot between the eyes. You don't even have to see the coon. Just shine your light and line up on the eyes.

USP9sdevo.jpg

One night I heard a ruckus out on the front porch; sounded like critters scrapping, so I brought my Crossman .177 cal CO2 pellet revolver to see what all the fuss was.

It was an adult Raccoon, backing my cat up against the front door. I stepped between the two and placed ten .22 pellets right into the Raccoon from a beginning distance of about 10 feet, as the Raccoon continued to approach, I kept shooting until the gun was empty -and the Raccoon never did stop advancing.

Time to retreat; I fetched the Mossberg 12ga. but when I got outside again the critter was gone.

Never have forgotten that one. It didn't even blink and I know I was scoring hits.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top