JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
so many out of the area classified postings, I know is a public forum but so many new users listing things I am interested in but when I look at their location they are 3 to 5 hours away or more and they state it in their add local to them ffl transfer only ?
I was going to reply to an add today for some bullets but location was north of Seattle,
is it just me or is it kind of pointless unless the deal is so good your willing to drive 3 to 5 hours to buy a used gun , I understand somethings can be shipped if its something you want and are will to pay shipping but still by the time I pay for shipping and ffl fees I could just by a new one, locally instead of used :confused: unless its a rare or collectors piece but for a common firearm, I don't know maybe its just me :)

There are just less members in those areas so they have to put it at a bargain price because less people are willing to make the drive or they have less of a chance with other people in their area.

I see what you mean though, I've seen a few ads that once I account for the 200 mile trip they aren't really worth it then.

It's the luck of the draw that's all.
As for me, I'm down in the State of Jefferson and it seems the good deals are almost always up by Portland or Vancouver. But those are major population centers, thus more peeps, more guns.
I have to generally sell pretty cheap to move something here or in this area.
But, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

We have members from all over the country and a few not even in this country. It's the luck of the draw. And if you are that interested in the deal, you could always ask if shipping is an option. Otherwise, it's up to you whether the drive is worth it or not. Cheers!

Northwest firearms. Not Portland/Vancouver firearms.
I know I have linked up with some really good folks here for sure great guys, but what I am trying to say its like me listing an a 870 shotgun on WA GUNS "Seattle and northern Washington's version of this website"
and saying ffl transfer to be done at tropic pawn in Vancouver, I may not have much luck with the sale ?
but to each their own I am just thinking out-loud :)

I remember back in the old days when the fields swayed heavy with AK's and AR's.. and were seeded by said gentle winds far and wide with hardly an FFL of classified ad involved.
but anyways, at least you can get an SR556 in a box a crackerjacks these days. good times

I've never been a horse trader but learned long ago to get/have a good horse.. or gun.. and not worry about arbitrage or what could be. that's kinda kardashianesque

so many out of the area classified postings, I know is a public forum but so many new users listing things I am interested in but when I look at their location they are 3 to 5 hours away or more and they state it in their add local to them ffl transfer only ?
I was going to reply to an add today for some bullets but location was north of Seattle,
is it just me or is it kind of pointless unless the deal is so good your willing to drive 3 to 5 hours to buy a used gun , I understand somethings can be shipped if its something you want and are will to pay shipping but still by the time I pay for shipping and ffl fees I could just by a new one, locally instead of used :confused: unless its a rare or collectors piece but for a common firearm, I don't know maybe its just me :)

Huh?? I guess I didn't realize that this was a Vancouver, WA only forum.

If a guy wants something bad enough, it's just another road trip, to feed that burning desire.
A road trip, and the opertunity to meet and support a fellow NWFA member. The other day when it was 105 degrees outside, I was happy to make a 2 hr round trip with the AC blowing to meet for a transaction...

Don't get me wrong, I have gone as far as castle rock and Olympia to meet with folks up north that was willing to meet 1/2 way or so , but I sure would not drive to Seattle or farther for a $500 glock

Don't get me wrong, I have gone as far as castle rock and Olympia to meet with folks up north that was willing to meet 1/2 way or so , but I sure would not drive to Seattle or farther for a $500 glock

Some people still want almost full price for their toys... that won't ever change and they will sit in the classifieds forever.

I don't understand the problem. If it is too far don't buy it.

I'm not going to go out of the area to buy a Glock either, but for something more special I've done a 6 hour round trip more than once.

Sounds like a first world problem.
Back when I was a teenager, I bought a Browning, and then a Browning, and then a Browning. didn't really complain too much about it

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top