so many out of the area classified postings

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by JO JO, Aug 9, 2017.

1. JO JO

JO JO
    Vancouver WA
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

so many out of the area classified postings, I know is a public forum but so many new users listing things I am interested in but when I look at their location they are 3 to 5 hours away or more and they state it in their add local to them ffl transfer only ?
    I was going to reply to an add today for some bullets but location was north of Seattle,
    is it just me or is it kind of pointless unless the deal is so good your willing to drive 3 to 5 hours to buy a used gun , I understand somethings can be shipped if its something you want and are will to pay shipping but still by the time I pay for shipping and ffl fees I could just by a new one, locally instead of used :confused: unless its a rare or collectors piece but for a common firearm, I don't know maybe its just me :)

Flymph, ob1, Basedgreaser and 4 others like this.
  2. Joe13

Joe13
    NW of Vancouver
    Opinionated & Blunt Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer

There are just less members in those areas so they have to put it at a bargain price because less people are willing to make the drive or they have less of a chance with other people in their area.

I see what you mean though, I've seen a few ads that once I account for the 200 mile trip they aren't really worth it then.

Flymph, ob1, Basedgreaser and 2 others like this.
  3. notazombie

notazombie
    Sweet freedom!

Northwest firearms. Not Portland/Vancouver firearms.

4. Joe13

Joe13
    NW of Vancouver
    Opinionated & Blunt Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer

Gotta get that name changed then:p j/k.

I've got a lot of useful tips and help as a beginner hunter from folks not in the Portland / Vancouver area.

jessieD, Flymph, v0lcom13sn0w and 3 others like this.
  5. notazombie

notazombie
    Sweet freedom!

I've learned a lot from all you guys.

6. GOG

GOG
    State of Jefferson
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

It's the luck of the draw that's all.
    As for me, I'm down in the State of Jefferson and it seems the good deals are almost always up by Portland or Vancouver. But those are major population centers, thus more peeps, more guns.
    I have to generally sell pretty cheap to move something here or in this area.
    But, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

7. Kruejl

Kruejl
    Hillsboro
    Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Gold Supporter

We have members from all over the country and a few not even in this country. It's the luck of the draw. And if you are that interested in the deal, you could always ask if shipping is an option. Otherwise, it's up to you whether the drive is worth it or not. Cheers!

8. JO JO

JO JO
    Vancouver WA

I know I have linked up with some really good folks here for sure great guys, but what I am trying to say its like me listing an a 870 shotgun on WA GUNS "Seattle and northern Washington's version of this website"
    and saying ffl transfer to be done at tropic pawn in Vancouver, I may not have much luck with the sale ?
    but to each their own I am just thinking out-loud :)

ob1 likes this.
  9. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf
    SE Portland

Yeabut whatcha gone do.. but wait for me to sell my coveted Raven to get you some cuppage. which I will never do
    anyway

Flymph and Caveman Jim like this.
  10. 41mag

41mag
    sunny Orygun

It does seem almost like there's some kind of law making such trades more difficult & more expensive.:rolleyes:

notazombie and MrMillspecer like this.
  11. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf
    SE Portland

I remember back in the old days when the fields swayed heavy with AK's and AR's.. and were seeded by said gentle winds far and wide with hardly an FFL of classified ad involved.
    but anyways, at least you can get an SR556 in a box a crackerjacks these days. good times

jessieD, Flymph, Caveman Jim and 3 others like this.
  12. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf
    SE Portland

I've never been a horse trader but learned long ago to get/have a good horse.. or gun.. and not worry about arbitrage or what could be. that's kinda kardashianesque

13. sasquatch

sasquatch
    Everett, WA

Huh?? I guess I didn't realize that this was a Vancouver, WA only forum.

titsonritz, awshoot and Caveman Jim like this.
  14. MrMillspecer

MrMillspecer
    Scappoose

If a guy wants something bad enough, it's just another road trip, to feed that burning desire.

15. Mygrainman

Mygrainman
    SW WA

A road trip, and the opertunity to meet and support a fellow NWFA member. The other day when it was 105 degrees outside, I was happy to make a 2 hr round trip with the AC blowing to meet for a transaction...

WAYNO, Flymph, Camelfilter and 6 others like this.
  16. JO JO

JO JO
    Vancouver WA

Don't get me wrong, I have gone as far as castle rock and Olympia to meet with folks up north that was willing to meet 1/2 way or so , but I sure would not drive to Seattle or farther for a $500 glock

Joe13 likes this.
  17. Joe13

Joe13
    NW of Vancouver

Some people still want almost full price for their toys... that won't ever change and they will sit in the classifieds forever.

Flymph, AMT, ob1 and 2 others like this.
  18. UserNameInUse

UserNameInUse
    SW WA

I don't understand the problem. If it is too far don't buy it.

I'm not going to go out of the area to buy a Glock either, but for something more special I've done a 6 hour round trip more than once.

jessieD, WAYNO, AMT and 5 others like this.
  19. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf
    SE Portland

Sounds like a first world problem.
    Back when I was a teenager, I bought a Browning, and then a Browning, and then a Browning. didn't really complain too much about it

jessieD, Joe13 and GOG like this.
  20. GOG

GOG
    State of Jefferson
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Good taste in guns there Certaindeaf.

Joe13 likes this.