JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A couple of reasons to smile,

Sorry man but bump stocks seem kinda dumb to me as well.

Bump stocks and braces and similar devices will continue to be created as long as there is a market, a demand, and a desire to not get on ATF registries, as long as NFA 1934, GCA 1968. Hughes Amendment of FOPA 1986 remain in effect. Until these laws are repealed completely, and the ATF abolished and disbanded, and Congress gets smacked in their collective collectivist Statist genitals; people will find ways around. Edit you cannot depend on SCOTUS to overturn any of these, much less Congress :rolleyes:

I picked up quite a few braces, anticipating the recent outcome. I've already sold most of the braces and kept the best ones. Just wondering if anyone else was on the same page. I would wager that most people didn't sell their braces. What say ye?
So a lower court rules in favor of pistol braces.
Then a higher court will strike down that ruling ?

There has been so much blabber about braces for the past few years, it's hard to keep up with it.

Bump stocks and braces and similar devices will continue to be created as long as there is a market, a demand, and a desire to not get on ATF registries, as long as NFA 1934, GCA 1968. Hughes Amendment of FOPA 1986 remain in effect. Until these laws are repealed completely, and the ATF abolished and disbanded, and Congress gets smacked in their collective collectivist Statist genitals; people will find ways around. Edit you cannot depend on SCOTUS to overturn any of these, much less Congress :rolleyes:
That doesn't negate the fact that they are dumb. Lol.

Pistol brace to avoid SBR
Bump stock to avoid Machine Gun

And so on….

People should be able to do what they want. But some of us will always think it's a gimmick.

That doesn't negate the fact that they are dumb. Lol.

Pistol brace to avoid SBR
Bump stock to avoid Machine Gun

And so on….

People should be able to do what they want. But some of us will always think it's a gimmick.
Yeah. Just saying that until these unconstitutional laws are done away and consequences are felt in Congress, people will keep doing stupid stuff :)

Yeah. Just saying that until these unconstitutional laws are done away and consequences are felt in Congress, people will keep doing stupid stuff :)
Never going to happen.

Embrace the tax stamp or the gimmick. It's up to you. Haha.

Never going to happen.

Embrace the tax stamp or the gimmick. It's up to you. Haha.
Strategy man! Strategy! Moreso than the military has done so far :s0140: elections matter. So is putting the right people in right places. Then we can worry about tactics ;)

I grabbed my ankles the entire time I was owned by the government. $200 bucks is painless.
So, did they offer consolation prizes and what flavor of crayons were they? ;) :p :s0087: :s0093:

It matters because... laws matter. That said, the US Congress needs to be making these laws, not a federal agency.
Both the brace and SBR rules should be struck down as agencies shouldnt have the power to make rules which can destroy lives, businesses, and send people to prison- Constitutionally, that is the job of the legislative branch.

What's dumb about putting a brace on a pistol?
Plenty of folks getting a stamp and doing basically the same thing
In my opinion…

One is legit and the other is a fake.

A braced pistol is a wanna be SBR.

Again MY opinion. If you like the goofy braces then run them.

@1775usmc ; two things could have happened way earlier.

Congress could have amended NFA and GCA and added the definition for AR15 receivers as "all AR15 type receivers regardless of intent, are rifle receivers"; or some such,

SCOTUS in Thompson, Center Arms case, could have struck down the SBR portion of NFA at that time by saying that since it is legal to convert a "pistol" into a "rifle"; therefore all combinations converting a pistol into rifle or vice versa, is 2A protected and should not be part of NFA.

Neither of these happened and we are here with what you call goofy looking abominations.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top