JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IMG_0983.JPG
So hot there's no way to grow food; we're doomed!!!!

Last time this happend it took me 2-1/2 hrs to get from Hillsboro to Gresham. The same amount of time it takes to drive from Gresham to Prineville :rolleyes:

Wife is reading that Salem is enforcing traction tires if you are driving in Salem. And that it is predicted that driving from Wilsonville to Vancouver Wa is around 2 1/2 hours.... Glad I am home.

Just got called to work graveyard...yippee!

The woman who called out lives up in Portland & just bought a car this week. Hasnt driven her own car in 10 years...used to multimodal commuting. When she asked if I had any advice for her about her new car, I said: yeah, don't hit anything...

Forced nap time!

Just got called to work graveyard...yippee!

The woman who called out lives up in Portland & just bought a car this week. Hasnt driven her own car in 10 years...used to multimodal commuting. When she asked if I had any advice for her about her new car, I said: yeah, don't hit anything...

Forced nap time!

You better leave 3 hours early...

Got stuck on i5 right before Rosa parks. Took me four hours to move to the of ramp and onto interstate. People were abandoning cars on 26 I was hearing before I made it to the off ramp. Being that I needed to make it back to cornelious pass I decided to just get a hotel for the night.

Be safe out there everyone.

Decided to skip Cornelius pass for logie trail. Powering right up the hill in my new jeep going around all the abandoned cars. I rounded the corner and there is a Jeep Rubicon half over the edge of the cliff next to the road with only one wheel holding it from falling. Driver had already left.

I did not have a smug look after that. Still took 3 hours to get home.

Hope she gets home safe and warm
She is creeping her way towards 26. My daughter called and said she talked with a police officer in West Linn. He said they were shoving abandoned vehicles out of the roads with their cruisers.
People just tick me off. Heaven forbid we get hit with a real disaster, these fools wont survive the first day.

She is creeping her way towards 26. My daughter called and said she talked with a police officer in West Linn. He said they were shoving abandoned vehicles out of the roads with their cruisers.
People just tick me off. Heaven forbid we get hit with a real disaster, these fools wont survive the first day.
Shoot if I got stuck on the freeway, which I was thinking I was going to. I got means to cook a hot meal, make some tea or coffee, be armed for at least a small zombie apocalypse, dress for a blizzard, fill a pool, filter that pool, as well as walk in said blizzard comfortably for a few days.

Things I saw today.

A guy poor out a water bottle so he could pee in the bottle. Girl hitting a pipe. Girl in tank top climb on roof to take selfie. Guy in tank top scraping windshield with a CD. Countless car accidents. The best for last, some guy managed to catch his car on fire in the middle of a snow storm

Non-event for me if not for the idiots on the road who can't drive.

Took three hours to get home (usual is one hour) - I left when I saw it snowing. People going crazy slow when there was just a light dusting of snow - although after cars drove on it there was some that froze into ice.

Got home and daughter texted me that she was stuck, so spent another hour and half going back into town and pick her up and take her home. Six hours after leaving work I am finally home again.

People going crazy slow or too fast or too reckless. I had to take multiple detours due to people blocking hills or crashes.

A serious winter question. I think most of us turn the heat down when we leave home for a day or overnight. I can heat mine comfortably in 10 minutes when I get in so a "head start" is not an issue. How cold do you guys let your houses get when you're out?

I turn the heat off when I leave so it has gotten down to about 50* by the time I get back home in the evening. If I am going to be gone for more than the day - multiple days - I set it to about 45* so the pipes won't freeze.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top