JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Speaking of ice...And speaking of electric trains...

I don't personally have much use for MAX. But I can't help but hear on the news that much of it is out of service again because of the ice.

Electric trains or light rail is not new to the rest of the country, or even the rest of the world. I can't imagine electric trains having to shut down in Europe or on our East Coast every time they get ice on the rails or the wires.

So...Is the MAX system under engineered? Lowest bidder?o_O

WAYNO.

Last Edited:
Over the past 48 hours we've received about 12"-16" of snow. Clouds cleared about two hours ago and we actually got a short shot of sunshine.

I went careening around in my wife's Toyota Rav/RAV/whatever and I can't say enough good stuff about Blizzak snow tires. Took some of the fun and excitement out of careening.

Over the past 48 hours we've received about 12"-16" of snow. Clouds cleared about two hours ago and we actually got a short shot of sunshine.

I went careening around in my wife's Toyota Rav/RAV/whatever and I can't say enough good stuff about Blizzak snow tires. Took some of the fun and excitement out of careening.

Just before the storm I got all new AS tires on my X1 with siping.

They worked well going and down up the hill on the private road to the county road. No problems even when I stopped on the steepest part. I didn't try yesterday - I should have - when the snow turned to ice. The AWD was pretty smart about the slippage too. I am glad now that I got this car - my RWD commuter just wasn't working up here.

Well the snow ended up derailing (pun intended) our trip to Hood River to ride the Polar Express with our grandson. Luckily we were able to change our date to next Friday-just in time for the next batch of snow to hit. Now waiting to see if any of our tire retailers have a set of tires for my truck on Monday.

Well , yesterday it warmed up a bit and all the snow got slushy.
In the early evening we got freezing rain... followed by snow later.
The street outside my house is very slick.
We have about a inch and a half to two inches on my jeep.
Not sure if we will have school yet or not ....

Edit to add : Just got the word SCHOOL IS CLOSED! Yay!
Playtime later with my dog and cats in the snow.
Andy

Last Edited:

Andy
Haha,now I can laugh at you wershuntonyanns closing school for snow:p
We had a little warming yesterday and seem to be above 20 today:eek:
But more snow coming:D.

Andy

The last remnants of our snow was gone Saturday.....
You guys down south are having a hard time with it though. sorry.;)

We needed one of these!

IMG_0622.JPG

Non-event for me if not for the idiots on the road who can't drive.

Some knuckle abandoned a 2wd pickup (no weight in the back and no chains) in the street on a steep hill by my house last week. Then left it there for a couple days after the streets were thawed. I hope he got towed.

A serious winter question. I think most of us turn the heat down when we leave home for a day or overnight. I can heat mine comfortably in 10 minutes when I get in so a "head start" is not an issue. How cold do you guys let your houses get when you're out?

Non-event for me if not for the idiots on the road who can't drive.

Some knuckle abandoned a 2wd pickup (no weight in the back and no chains) in the street on a steep hill by my house last week. Then left it there for a couple days after the streets were thawed. I hope he got towed.

A serious winter question. I think most of us turn the heat down when we leave home for a day or overnight. I can heat mine comfortably in 10 minutes when I get in so a "head start" is not an issue. How cold do you guys let your houses get when you're out?

We run a very limited range of heat in our house - on a programmable thermostat. We don't ever shut it off. Most of the day, it's at 66 degrees. For a couple hours in the early morning and for about 5 hours in the evening, it bumps to 68 degrees. It's rare we need to go above that level - I've somewhat acclimatized my wife to slightly lower temps. On a really cold evening, we have a nice large gas fireplace that she'll fire up for an hour or two and really bumps up the heat to make her comfortable. Otherwise, the thermostat doesn't get touched :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top