JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wow this is the real thing! Is this "winter storm" the definition of when "SHTF"? Is there really anything to worry about or stock up on for when these events burden our Portlandia eutopia?

its-gonna-snow-e1453158103671.jpeg

Hey does any one have a snow report for Mt Tabor . I want to take the kids sledding but don't want to make the drive to find that its just slushy.

The school administrators needed a day off. Last night, they cancelled school today knowing there would be a chance of less than a quarter inch of snow.:confused:

WAYNO.

Hey does any one have a snow report for Mt Tabor . I want to take the kids sledding but don't want to make the drive to find that its just slushy.
It's snow, not slush.
10-15 min later (now) it's drizzle instead of fluffy dry sticking snow.. so it could be a nightmare later on..
snowpocolips!

Last Edited:
I used to get up really early to travel across town in the snow to get to school. It wasn't til I got to school that we discovered it was a hardship on the teachers and school was closed.

But was I glad we had such wimpy teachers.

WAYNO.

Uh, I got gazumped, I guess. Posted a gweth about the Tillicum Bridge and snoh. Never occurred to me that 'snowpocalypse' could actually be referring to the amount of snoh visible there, y'know.

'Up there' we get more snoh in June.....

tac

No more than an inch here, in the mouth of the Gorge. Of course the constant wind is moving it all around!
We are practicing being ice icicles! Keeping the thermostat low to conserve oil. Actually, it's fine, we have excellent cold weather wear and we sure as hell have it on! :D We're set if we lose power too. I stayed home for five days, alone, with the power out in the snow/ice storm of 2008. Even better gear now a days! Good luck and enjoy the beauty! :)

No more than an inch here, in the mouth of the Gorge. Of course the constant wind is moving it all around!
We are practicing being ice icicles! Keeping the thermostat low to conserve oil. Actually, it's fine, we have excellent cold weather wear and we sure as hell have it on! :D We're set if we lose power too. I stayed home for five days, alone, with the power out in the snow/ice storm of 2008. Even better gear now a days! Good luck and enjoy the beauty! :)
I've got an awesome wool robe with a hood on it.. and wool felt booties. Wearing them now. Bring it! lol

The school administrators needed a day off. Last night, they cancelled school today knowing there would be a chance of less than a quarter inch of snow.:confused:

WAYNO.

It's weird when I was a kid growing up in Portland we got a lot more snow and Ice and they would not close the schools for just snow there had to be a layer of ice with power lines down to close the schools. Must be do to all the Californians moving here freaking out from white stuff falling from the sky. I still remember getting into a fight with the toughest meanest kid at school on a icy playground one morning before school.

We used to have some Epic snow ball battles back then in SE portland growing up with the neighbors across the street.

I remember in HS we ambushed Tri-met with snow balls yes even in HS school was still open even with 3-4 inches of fresh snow on the ground as it was trying to let students out at the bus stop the driver had to drive down the road to let them off. The stupid things we do as teens.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads