JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You're in the position of needing some work done and as I've suggested. Either find yourself a Pistolsmith or be ready to spend a good amount of Dollars with the fine folks at Brownells. If you choose option #2, then I will recommend you find a good Gunsmithing College, because they will be in a position to teach you what to look for and what to do about it. Good Luck.

You're in the position of needing some work done and as I've suggested. Either find yourself a Pistolsmith or be ready to spend a good amount of Dollars with the fine folks at Brownells. If you choose option #2, then I will recommend you find a good Gunsmithing College, because they will be in a position to teach you what to look for and what to do about it. Good Luck.

Thanks man I appreciate the help

What kind of bullet lube?

In your first post you use the terms "hard cast" and "swaged to", Are you sure these bullets are truely hard cast lead and not softer swaged bullets? Can you deform the lead at all with a fingernail? Years ago I bought a box of bullets that were represented by the manufacturer as hard cast that were not at all hard.:mad:

Closest I have on hand is a couple of Astra .44 cylinders. .430 bullets fell right through. No way a brand new performance center gun should have throats that tight. That is .44-40 territory, as they have a nominal .427 bore.

What kind of bullet lube?

In your first post you use the terms "hard cast" and "swaged to", Are you sure these bullets are truely hard cast lead and not softer swaged bullets? Can you deform the lead at all with a fingernail? Years ago I bought a box of bullets that were represented by the manufacturer as hard cast that were not at all hard.:mad:
Good point. Swaged bullets are closer to pure lead, as 1:10 mix is way too hard on commercial swaging machinery. That, combined with a hot burning powder (regardless of the load) could begin the melting process - aided by the shove through the throats.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top