JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

"LodeStar integrated both a fingerprint reader and a near-field communication chip activated by a phone app, plus a PIN pad. "

Now, if they can only get criminals to buy them. Since law abiding citizens really aren't the issue with gun crimes.

The list of negative gun issues listed won't be solved with this technology for the most part. There are firearms today with internal locks. I have 2. That alone eliminates the vast majority of the problems without resorting to the Frankengrip. They need this technology just for something new to mandate, tax and regulate (ie: power to arrest)

Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F06%2Fcrash-and-burn.jpg

Yeah, I'm going to want to fart around with pin numbers or finding my magic bracelet when something goes bump in the night.
Hard pass.

I'd propose a ten year test and evaluation period during which ALL state, federal, and private / celebrity bodyguards and federal protection details would be limited to firearms equipped with this technology. If after a ten year period with no issues then maybe we could look into it.

Sure we will...

What doesn't anyone think the secret service etc. would go for my idea?

I wouldn't want one to much room for error! I grew up playing halo so I may consider getting is a radetec digital display round counter! Just wish they looked cleaner ! FD9716D9-25BF-471D-B5E9-5FD3BE059955.jpeg

Just an observation - not that TPTB are really interested in our welfare, but here goes:

I have had wet fingertips from shoveling snow the past two weeks and have on more than one occasion had trouble opening my phone by fingerprint OR code, because the screen did not like the moisture on my digits.

Reminds me of a story I heard years ago about when someone thought seatbelts would be a good idea on motorcycles.

As I recall, the legislator held a big rally and the bikers showed up to 'support' the effort.

They strapped the lawmaker onto the seat, buckled him in and ceremoniously stopped balancing the bike for him.

If you understand the setup, you understand what happened next.;)

If you did NOT, then Salem needs you to help draft more asinine laws!

What happens when you EMP that sucker? What does a WiFi or Bluetooth jammer do to it? Can LE operate a WiFi/phone jammer and activate their firearms at the same time? Can automotive key fob exploit techniques be applied to these devices?

They need to promote these to the 'new' gun owners who most likely couldnt care less what they own and will most likely shoot them 50 rounds or less during their entire ownership.

And if they get stolen, lost, etc. due to careless or inattentive ownership they will not be able to be used.

SmartGunz developed a model selling at $1,795 for law enforcement and $2,195 for civilians, said Tom Holland, a Kansas Democratic state senator who co-founded the company in 2020. This sentence tells you all you need to know about the agenda behind smart guns. Smart phones, cars, appliances, etc are all part of the plan for total control.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top