JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Trade
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
City
Hillsboro
State
Oregon
Zip Code
I have some CCI and Remington small rifle primers and some small rifle magnum CCI primers I would like to trade for small pistol primers. Looking for a 1-1 trade up to 4-5k. Let me know, thanks in advance.

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
I have used several 1,000 small rifle primers in small primer pistol cases with out any problems, The AR 15 type primers will not work though, they too hard.

If your pistol has a solid ignition system, the small rifle primers work fine. For some loads, I actually prefer them, as they seem a bit more consistent on the chrono. My partner's bersa won't eat anything but small pistol primers from Federal or Winchester, but my competition guns ( with stock springs) eat anything I throw at them. ( I haven't used the AR primers, but I've used all sorts of other kinds.) Just for further info, most of my loads are 9mm, and lower to mid level charges of Accurate #2 or Titegroup. The dimensions are the same, wish I could find the article I read on the subject, it was a well done test. The main differences are how hard the primer is, meaning how hard the firing pin has to strike it to set it off, as magnum or rifle loads will typically develop more pressure which the primer has to resist blowing out from, and how much brisance the primer has. Some powders need more brisance to ignite properly, Titegroup does not, but too much brisance is not a problem.

Last Edited:
Thank you for you message. I understand the thickness and such just never loaded SR in SP. I have a sig in .40 and a G19 for 9. So I guess I'll run some tests. Just figured I would offer some up as times are hard and I have a "few" small rifle but not a ton of small pistol. Thanks guys.

I have 2000-3000 CCI small pistol primers #500 that I would trade for an equal number of small rifle primers... These were purchased by me recently and are stored in sealed containers with desiccant packages... I live in the Greater Seattle area...

You can use Sm Rifle primers in pistol loads just reduce powder charge a bit if you are on the high end of the charge weight. I am using Fed Sm Rifle 205 primers in my 9mm loads. Of course you can't use pistol primers in a rifle but the reverse is fine.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews