JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Off topic, but may be handy to others (or you...if you do AK's).

For AK's these are handy, especially if folks shoot corrosive:

I was just about to mention this. Also, if you're left handed the UWL has an extra long option, just girth hitch it on the standard AK sling attachment point and thread it between the barrel and gas tube.

@Reno I didn't have quite what I remembered having, but pm me an address if you'd use them and I'll drop em in the mail.

20200603_213102.jpg

The end plate is similar to the one I run, the hole is a QD hole I believe, but I just run my other hook through it instead.

The other item in Pic is a QD mount that screws into a few magpul tocks, if you have one.

20200603_214232.jpg

20200603_214240.jpg

Every PDW needs to have a shoulder strap/sling of some sort for long term carrying, as well as weapon retention under various circumstances. I run a Magpul MS4.2 on my primary PDW... it's versatile, and transitions from 1-pt and 2-pt with a minimum of fiddling.

F95255C9-4D19-4219-AD29-E1B140BCEB8B.png C4737337-C555-49A5-8956-6DDD7BC8D054.png
I store it in the safe like this so it doesn't tangle on the way out, and I can put my arm through it with one smooth motion.
FA3F9750-1F16-4D10-A111-9FE2C9BCFEAA.jpeg

I replaced the noisy front MILSPEC sling loop with a QD that I modified to take its place. QD's are quieter than HK-style hooks and quicker than traditional buckles.
4402769B-F185-467D-9F4A-6E408ACC76D8.jpeg

I can carry left or right, as well shoot L/R without having to change the strap over the other shoulder. 9D1C58AE-46A2-4103-B512-CA9E68148CFD.jpeg CA77B050-30C3-4377-909D-D8956A33738D.jpeg DFBFA63C-7B95-4369-B45B-FD02A53CECCF.jpeg

Transitioning to a 2-pt is quick and easy.
DB177950-3AA0-4276-A5F9-1C1A503CF8E9.jpeg 3929ED8D-41C8-417A-B68B-A74236997E06.jpeg

Last Edited:
My one issue on AR15s is I shoot rifles left handed and have found the sling I was using would block the ejection port, I just need to configure it differently.
All my bolt rifles are right handed too which I shoot left handed.

I'm all jacked up. But yet I shoot pistols right handed.

I buy these M16 slings on ebay. about 6 bucks each.
While they're Gov Issue, they're really not tacticool these days. However, they seemed to get the job done quite well when I was carrying around an M16A1 all over Germany. What they are though is a dang tough sling that can be easily adapted to many rifles, bags, etc. While they're not busy being a sling, they can function as a gear/cargo strap, tourniquet, shoulder strap, etc. Oh yeah...two point. Being my Johnny Combat days are fairly well behind me, I find that simplicity is best. As always though, YMMV.

1591248414599.png
1591248442460.png

I'm very picky about my slings since on a true hunting/SHTF rifle, they are an essential gear item.

When hunting, I need a sling to carry the rifle on my shoulder for most of the day in comfort and to not slip off when ducking under trees and such.

I use slings that are wide and made out of a thick and grippy rubber. The width distributes the weight and makes an 8 lb rifle feel lighter, and my 10 lb AR-10 feel tolerable.

pyRxaL8UROCDDiahwl1MSg.jpg

My current "door" gun is a 9mm subgun that is equipped with a bungee-type single-point sling. It allows me to let the firearm dangle at my side if I have to use both hands and keeps it handy when I need to present it.

xAE7QVlcQPiBbZXYsit6CQ.jpg

I don't feel that every rifle I have needs a sling.
I tend to agree.

If it's a heavier bolt or something I may be carrying for some time in the field then it's nice to have a sling.

The only lever action I own that has sling swivels in my Marlin Golden 39 and thats only becasue it came with them from the factory. My Winchesters do not have them as I really do not want to screw a sling swivel on the underside of the stocks but with two of them it would not be an issue of value. I would never do it with my 1899 Mod 94 of course.

Pictured are two of my earliest slings I made. The one on the left is one of the Tandy Leather Co. rifle sling kits they sell and the one on the right is my own creation from about the same time I made when I was a kid! The Tandy kit sling has carried my Santa Barbara .243 Mauser many a weary mile hunting!

I ain't no artist so the best I could do was to stamp my name and some crude designs with some borrowed leatherworking tools!
IMG_2051.JPG

Last Edited:
I'm mostly a recreational shooter, most of my rifles are for that purpose.

Lately I've been getting more serious about adapting them to dual purposes. IE defensive.

I only have two slings that I've ever really used (for competitions in the past) both are 1 point slings.

I don't see it being an issue needing a sling, until I NEED a sling.

So my question is, do you keep slings on your rifles 24/7 (even when stored in the safe) or do you own slings and keep them handy on the side?
Except for my .30-30, all my rifles are slung in one fashion or another- that is how I was taught to shoot rifles...
OK, no slings on the BP rifles in the stable...

Last Edited:
I keep a Magpul MS1 sling with QD swivels on every defensive rifle I have. They are quick adjust 2 point slings and work very well. If I travel with my AR pistol with Law folder, I typically don't have the sling on the gun because it can get hung up when trying to remove it from the bag, but I keep a sling in one of the pockets.

The key to not having problems with the QD sling swivels and sockets, is to not use the cheap ones. I've tried the cheap QD studs and eventually the bearings fall out, and the cheap sockets are often a sloppy fit which can lead to the sling popping out under load.

Vickers combat application sling is far better than the magpul.

Every single rifle I own has a sling. As far as I'm concerned slings are as mandatory as iron sights.

I'm mostly a recreational shooter, most of my rifles are for that purpose.

Lately I've been getting more serious about adapting them to dual purposes. IE defensive.

I only have two slings that I've ever really used (for competitions in the past) both are 1 point slings.

I don't see it being an issue needing a sling, until I NEED a sling.

So my question is, do you keep slings on your rifles 24/7 (even when stored in the safe) or do you own slings and keep them handy on the side?
yes I keep all my rifles slung

I don't know if you are into AR, but I recently bought into the idea of having sling on my AR-15 after seeing this video last year:

I now have Magpul sling I put together on my rifle 99% of the time(based on Magpul padded sling & other Magpul parts).

I wasn't sold on QDs at first, so I put it together in the way it made sense in my head:

It's so embarrassing to share this, because it was a total waste of money & clumsy as hell(I am a noob). It felt clumsy & bulky. Same Magpul padded sling with QD:

Initial Stage(QD on just front):

Current Setup(now QD front & rear, sorry I had my sling off here):

This setup with QD works for me & I find it handy for plinking, but I think I like the functionality for defensive purposes also.
Video was well done.

One of the first things I do when I get another Long Gun, if they aren't already present, is Sling Swivel Studs. I like the Uncle Mike's.

MANY long years ago I was out Deer Hunting with the Bride and I walked out on a BIG Cedar Log. Suddenly I was laying on my Back looking up at the underside of that Cedar Log. Having a Sling in my backpack allowed me to carry out my Rifle and since I Really needed both hands to get me out of the Hole I was in, well...

I prefer non rotating flush cups on left side and a 2 point adjustable sling on my rifles.
Very versatile and quick to take off and put on.
When I'm hunting I always have a sling in my pack but rarely on my rifle.

I tend to agree.

If it's a heavier bolt or something I may be carrying for some time in the field then it's nice to have a sling.

The only lever action I own that has sling swivels in my Marlin Golden 39 and thats only becasue it came with them from the factory. My Winchesters do not have them as I really do not want to screw a sling swivel on the underside of the stocks but with two of them it would not be an issue of value. I would never do it with my 1899 Mod 94 of course.

Pictured are two of my earliest slings I made. The one on the left is one of the Tandy Leather Co. rifle sling kits they sell and the one on the right is my own creation from about the same time I made when I was a kid! The Tandy kit sling has carried my Santa Barbara .243 Mauser many a weary mile hunting!

I ain't no artist so the best I could do was to stamp my name and some crude designs with some borrowed leatherworking tools!
View attachment 706052

We shall call you.... Edwierdo. o_O

;):D

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class