JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm mostly a recreational shooter, most of my rifles are for that purpose.

Lately I've been getting more serious about adapting them to dual purposes. IE defensive.

I only have two slings that I've ever really used (for competitions in the past) both are 1 point slings.

I don't see it being an issue needing a sling, until I NEED a sling.

So my question is, do you keep slings on your rifles 24/7 (even when stored in the safe) or do you own slings and keep them handy on the side?

I don't, but I've been in the same boat. I want to get some slings on mine, but never find a sling that looks like it would work well.

I have one on my hunting rifle and the one year I forgot it, I hiked up and down this super steep mountain and even for a not so heavy rifle my forearms were shot by the end of the day.

That made me realize for a SHTF rifle or defensive, I might want a sling

I have always used a conventional "Riflemans Sling" even before my service time, and I have come to really appreciate everything they give you and all the versatility they afford! I use the Mag-Pul MS-1 series for most newer rifles, and the old Mil Spec Leather for the older ones, I don't need pads or other complications, just a good rugged sling to allow carry and proper off hand shooting! I never remove a sling EVER, once it's installed, it's there till it rots and needs replaced, or i'm feeding the worms!

Why the hell is everything QD too?

I really don't like the little push button things.

Some hooks maybe. Or just good ole webbing.

Do the QD things work well? I've got MLok on most things and the little QD mounts aren't horrible. Yet a QD magpul sling is pretty expensive in my opinion.

I don't feel that every rifle I have needs a sling. I have a couple that always have a sling on them and they are my primary defense weapons. The rest of the toys really don't have a use for one. Hunting rifles now thats a different story.

My rifles do,

For my main AR, the sling always goes on before going back in the safe, even if I took it off for shooting. I have a magpul sling with the big j hooks (?).

I also have not been a fan of the QD adapters. I just swapped my end plate to one with the needed hook loops.

I think I found a sling to try and some MLok hook mounts.

I'll have to give it a go and at least have them available (definitely not enough room in the safe to have them on all the time) or at least the main defense ones will.

1591230477505.jpeg

I think I found a sling to try and some MLok hook mounts.

I'll have to give it a go and at least have them available (definitely not enough room in the safe to have them on all the time) or at least the main defense ones will.

View attachment 705618
Should work fine. All the slings I have now have the clips on the ends to put them on and off. With any sling that has this you can of course just leave them off and slap one on any time you want.

Blue force padded sling with Magpul QD
And Magpul MS4 sling with QD swivels that I use both as a single and two point sling.

The clips are Para clips, I have those also but use the QD ones.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top