JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What if it were to only be over the buffer, with no "stock" portion on it? The mechanism itself isnt illegal on a pistol, it's the stock that gets you, no?.... hacksaw and 10 minutes :cool: Been looking into moddifiying my ARP with one but no commercial version exists that I can find.

Taken from MDshootersdotcom

Originally Posted by midcountygunshop
Been a while since I read the wording of the law, but even if it weren't attached(which it is), I don't think that is their wording. I believe the wording is something like 'designed to be fired from the shoulder.' Trying this on an AR pistol not registered as a SBR is sure to be in violation, in the ATF's eyes.

But is it really fired from the shoulder? All the slide fire does is allow the rest of the firearm to reciprocate. I would imagine sawing off the "buttstock" part would turn the slidefire into an acceptable version that could be used on a pistol.

so you turned something "designed to be fired from the shoulder" and modified it. Guess what- design intent didn't change. NFA has plenty of loopholes, but if you try too hard could be very bad mojo and end up with one of those loopholes impacting you

slide%20fire%20stock.jpg So if they did indeed produce a pistol grip and buffer sleeve only version from the get-go it would be legal? I'd be all over that and happily pay 300 bucks. I also ran into the problem in my research that the buffer has to be a carbine length with adjustable stock holes. I know the ATF has said in the past that carbine lenth buffers are okay on ARP's as long as the holes are filled. so there would have to be a design revamp there... hell i'd even be okay with it just slipping over the tube with no real attachment.

So if I were to moddify the stock and cut off all parts of the "stock" to where it would just be the pistol grip part and the BT cover (see rough illustration above) is it legal or do I need to ask the ATF directly?

slide%20fire%20stock.jpg

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR